MTN guarantees a 50 percent call and SMS discount during lunch hour

ajax

Executive Member
Could you not bother with putting what it would actually cost per minute? :confused:

From their site:

MTN to MTN = R2.50 so that would be R1.25 over lunch
MTN to other = R3.00 so that would be R1.50 over lunch
Sms = 75c so 37.5 c over lunch

stricken

Expert Member
Great. They have slashed the most expensive per byte service in the world ( SMS = R240 000 / Gigabyte ) by 50%. So now its only R120 000 / Gigabyte. Wow.

roberth

Why end the promotion at 23:59 on 29 April when the promotion on only from 12:00 to 12:59?
why not end it at 12:59 on 29 April!?! I wonder how they chose 23:59

Keeper

Honorary Master
Thats cool and all but i'm moving back to Vodacom as per this thread

But You guys have fun calling during your lunch break though, it could save a few bucks every now and again

RJMadCat

wtf.... they are even more retarded than i thought! what is the point u morans!, why not rather reduce ALL costs with 5% all day every day than 1 hour of each day. this benefits exatcly who? the kid that got a new job and is allowed to call his mom at lunch?

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
WTG EmptyN! When the rest of SA is talking data prices you focus on lunch time sms's!

nolo

got to love South African companies sooo out of touch with their consumers.... I never did understand mtn zone or whatever complicated promotion they bring up.... I'm always wondering who come up with these ideas... if you really can't think of anything to offer your consumer... be like vodacom and copy somebody's <cellc> idea and see how you can make your package exciting...

ajax

Executive Member
If you’re on MTN prepaid and you want to minimize call costs then you need 3 simcards, each with a different price plan:
1) MTN Zone for 100% discount on calls - happens for an hour on weekends. The discounts generally are poor during the week.
2) MTN Call per second for off-peak rates of R1.19 when MTN Zone’s discount is 60% or less (with 60% off on MTN Zone it will cost the same)
3) MTN One rate for calls in peak time at a cost R1.70 per minute (in off-peak it’s also R1.70 per minute)

To be fair, Vodacom has similar offers (4U per second, All day per second and Yebo4Less), so you need 3 simcards there too.

mazelove

Give me 50% Discount on data bundles and then i can start to paint my phone yellow at the moment it stays black..... i wooooshhhhhh

Joe Average

Hey my Ayoba bra , tell it to your friend Julius, who likes muttering on his mobile while stuffing his face with KFC. :sick:

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
What's the difference between a 50% discount and a 50% guaranteed discount? :rolleyes: