MTN is delinquent and trying to rob me!!!

how do you know its a fixed amount if you never revived a statement?
[/QUOT I know because I signed A contract which stipulated the amount i have to pay for the iPhone, monthly data and voice bundles combined with insurance amount which is fixed .

Bull I phoned mtn on monday from a prepaid line and took less then 2 minutes to speak to some one.Why would MTN cancel a debit order. It makes no sense. Only reason(s) why mtn would stop debiting a account is due repeated failed debit orders or when the client requests debit order to be stopped.

If you are unaware, network providers charge a service fee for failed debit orders and adds it to over and above the normal costs.

I have never ever been in arrears or paid late as I pay by debit order, so I would assume MTN would send out a SMS that you are in arrears and request that payment be made immediately to avoid service from being disconnected.How on earth did you not get a single notification in the past few months or even a call that the account is in arrears.

Why on earth would MTN not want prove that payment(s) have been made, sounds more and more like you may have missed a payment or two or paid late or paid less then you should have ect.

ariz04

The contract I signed stipulated the Monthly amount for the iPhone , data and voice bundles combined with insurance fee which is fixed .
but what if you exceed your limits? You will be charged more than the fixed monthly fee.

Why did you also not make an effort to make sure MTN has your correct details for sending you a statement? I am on a Telkom mobile contract and every month I receive a statement via email.

quovadis

Expert Member
The contract I signed stipulated the Monthly amount for the iPhone , data and voice bundles combined with insurance fee which is fixed .
Step 1 - Request a complete statement of your account and invoices as far back as necessary.
Step 2 - Pay any outstanding amounts.

Saying you are paying according to your contract amount is problematic as you may have exceeded the limits for a month or two attracting variable usage charges and/or additional collection charges/failed payment charges which will result in you always then being in arrears. Take responsibility for your account.

johnjm

Expert Member
What is scary is that this incompetence is pretty common. It's really lolworthy and scary.

Step 1 - Request a complete statement of your account and invoices as far back as necessary.
Step 2 - Pay any outstanding amounts.

Saying you are paying according to your contract amount is problematic as you may have exceeded the limits for a month or two attracting variable usage charges and/or additional collection charges/failed payment charges which will result in you always then being in arrears. Take responsibility for your account.
yes I requested a detailed statement from mbd , since that they never sent one . That’s when I went back to MTN but they’re saying i should liaise with mbd they have nothing to do with me , well I guess according to them I have to fold my arms and wait for mbd to send the statements n we take it from there , to say when I don’t know because the lady from mbd who was helping me is no longer answering my emails

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
What is scary is that this incompetence is pretty common. It's really lolworthy and scary.
I have a T Mobile account. I didnt pay over April or May - the shops were closed. I didnt get a statement - but did get a message that I needed to go online and pay.
Well, I tried, but it just wouldnt happen. Log in error.

Messaged T Mobile back, explained my issue - next thing, a guy calls, guides me to a log in screen over the phone, helps me pay online, and leaves me a number to call for the next few months, should the shop not open.

All this happened on a Sunday ............

Contrast that to the helpful SA MTN. :(

1593786258429.png

quovadis

Expert Member
yes I requested a detailed statement from mbd , since that they never sent one . That’s when I went back to MTN but they’re saying i should liaise with mbd they have nothing to do with me , well I guess according to them I have to fold my arms and wait for mbd to send the statements n we take it from there , to say when I don’t know because the lady from mbd who was helping me is no longer answering my emails
If you don’t pay your accounts in full then you get handed over to debt collectors / attorneys which complicates your life as you have now discovered. So call MBD again and try someone new who may or may not help you. Be proactive before you get a judgment and then have to battle to get that reversed.

quovadis

Expert Member
I have a T Mobile account. I didnt pay over April or May - the shops were closed. I didnt get a statement - but did get a message that I needed to go online and pay.
Well, I tried, but it just wouldnt happen. Log in error.

Messaged T Mobile back, explained my issue - next thing, a guy calls, guides me to a log in screen over the phone, helps me pay online, and leaves me a number to call for the next few months, should the shop not open.

All this happened on a Sunday ............

Contrast that to the helpful SA MTN. :(

View attachment 869469
You’re not comparing apples with apples. See what happens if T-mobile hand you over for collection.