MTN is killing it in Cape Town

werny

Expert Member
MTN is way better overall in the Western Cape, I was in Paternoster on the West Coast this past weekend, Vodacom's LTE was basically non-existent even with good signal, meanwhile MTN had half the signal strength of Vodacom but LTE speeds was still 30Mbps+ and never went down to HSDPA/3G.

Well done to MTN, never thought I'd ever say that.

Dups!

Cue Vodacom saying something opposite to the article.

The last time I was in Cape Town in November last year MTN gave me problems compared to Vodacom... and I was mainly based in the city centre.

Using Google maps was a nightmare. I ended up switching to Vodacom for my travels. It was not unusable per se but it was intermittent in calls and data. Could have been one of those days I suppose.

Don't get me started on Cell C.

Last edited:

absynth

Expert Member
Que Vodacom saying something opposite to the article.

The last time I was in Cape Town in November last year MTN gave me problems compared to Vodacom... and I was mainly based on the city centre.

Using Google maps was a nightmare. I ended up switching to Vodacom for my travels. It was not unusable per se but it was intermittent in calls and data. Could have been one of those days I suppose.

Don't get me started on Cell C.
I live in the CBD and no network provider is very good when you move up into the residential area below the mountain (Oranjezicht/Vredehoek/Taboerskloof).We have a lack of Base stations and constant weak signal.

Last edited:

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Those dots prove nothing! What about between the dots? There is more open spaces than dots!