MTN launches ‘InternetOnTV’ at R999

BBSA

Honorary Master
MTN data rates are not affordable.

What were they thinking and smoking?

daffy

Expert Member
I hope those Product development and Marketing guys get a bonus for coming up with the name InternetOnTv.

I hear they're already working on the next version. NewerInternetOnTv

Pavan

Expert Member
WOW. a 3G device with just 75 MB of data? I wonder how the f they come up with these deals...

Brakanjan

Well atleast its 3G+ speeds, unlike Vodacom who is clearly sleeping by releasing an edge/gprs device. Vodacom's data pricing isn't any better.

adrianx

Expert Member
If it is affordable to the masses then I must be the poorest of the poor. Getting depressed now.

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
Good lord, another rapist TARGETING the poor!

At least this rapist will do it quicker at 7.2 Mb/s

mezu

Expert Member
Heck 75 MB??? Who comes up with this nonsense. It might reach more people but its plain absurd to think that 75 is enough. What are they gonna surf the net through telnet. Websites are very heavy these days.

Last edited:

jasweb

Well, sure you can go Prepiad SIM

Look this is just another "device" that you can surf the Web on. Perhaps MyBB can get a review unit and

1) tell us if it sucks or not.
2) how to "recharge" the SIM in the device (or do you need a phone)
3) tell us the quality of the "picture" on OLD TV's and newer 32", 40", 42" etc. (how does it "scale")
4) if it is Network locked to MTN (which as far as I am aware is ILLIGAL in SA). All GSM devices must take ANY GSM SIM

The "90-minute internet bundle " does sound interesting (streaming some sport "content" live....)

I am not saying data bundles don't suck, but PLEASE lets get a review of the device, rather than another 100 posts on why Network A's data is more expensive than Network B, etc etc etc.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
A bit of a hint - if statements like the one below are not quoted, it should not be used in an article as it seems like an advertisement:
The MTN InternetOnTV package will be available from selected Jet retail stores countrywide at a cost of only R999.

guest2013-1

I don't understand. What is so unique/cool about internet on your TV? It's been around for ages. DSTV even had it (or still has it?) to check your email on or whatever. They really should invest in infrastructure and get pricing down/lean on Telkom/ICASA/DoC to get things going to setup call centers in South Africa for international clients and compete directly with India. But they waste time bringing "internet to your TV" *rolls eyes*