MTN launches “world first” MusicTime streaming service

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
According to Spotify, I have spent 16,077 minutes listening to music. My receipt history shows 7 months I've used the service this year. So that's 268 hours total and 38 hours a month. I think my average these days is much higher since I've really gotten into the service, but I'll roll with those numbers.

MusicTime charges R10 for 300 minutes, which is 5 hours. So R2 an hour.

38 hours a month would cost me R76 instead of the R60 Spotify fee. I think 60 hours a month is closer to however much I listen nowadays, which would be twice the cost through MusicTime.

It's also worth factoring in that MusicTime seems to be a Simfy reseller. And Simfy is by miles the worst music streaming service I've come across.

magneto

According to Spotify, I have spent 16,077 minutes listening to music. My receipt history shows 7 months I've used the service this year. So that's 268 hours total and 38 hours a month. I think my average these days is much higher since I've really gotten into the service, but I'll roll with those numbers.

MusicTime charges R10 for 300 minutes, which is 5 hours. So R2 an hour.

38 hours a month would cost me R76 instead of the R60 Spotify fee. I think 60 hours a month is closer to however much I listen nowadays, which would be twice the cost through MusicTime.

It's also worth factoring in that MusicTime seems to be a Simfy reseller. And Simfy is by miles the worst music streaming service I've come across.
would say MusicTime and Simfy are the same, they not a reseller.
tis more like MTN are reseller of MusicTime which is Simfy
call MusicTime Support (Call us on 086 117 4639) after hours and see the voice message state Simfy and MusicTime . MusicTime is Simfy try at pay as you go music streaming service

1a. domain : musictime.co.za
1b. action :
1c. Registrar : Gandi
2a. registrant : Dale Marshall
2b. registrantpostaladdress: Cnr Fourways Blv and Percy Street, Fourways, simfy africa, Regus Business Park, , Johannesburg, , 2191, ZA
2c. registrantstreetaddress:
2d. amount :
2e. paymenttype :
2f. billingaccount :
2g. billingemail :
2i. invoiceaddress :
2j. registrantphone : +27.114671677

1a. domain : simfy.co.za
1b. action :
1c. Registrar : Gandi
2a. registrant : Dale Marshall
2b. registrantpostaladdress: Cnr Fourways Blv and Percy Street, Fourways, simfy africa, Regus Business Park, , Johannesburg, , 2191, ZA
2c. registrantstreetaddress:
2d. amount :
2e. paymenttype :
2f. billingaccount :
2g. billingemail :
2i. invoiceaddress :
2j. registrantphone : +27.114671677

whats more interesting is they using French company Gandi for domain registrar which almost charge double the price to reg co.za domain than in SA.

Last edited: