MTN launches Black Friday sale

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator

MTN has launched an extended Black Friday sale, which will last for two weeks from 20 November until 9 December 2020.

The Black Friday sale will offer great savings for new and existing customers across prepaid, contract, enterprise, and mobile money (MoMo) products.

McGuywer

Executive Member
The contracts terms are really bad.

At least make it max 12 months. Then we can "score" from Black Friday to the next Black Friday.

eehellfire

Honorary Master

MTN has launched an extended Black Friday sale, which will last for two weeks from 20 November until 9 December 2020.

The Black Friday sale will offer great savings for new and existing customers across prepaid, contract, enterprise, and mobile money (MoMo) products.
Penalising people for opting into a standard 24 month contract (which is alread far too long).
36 months is ridiculous - so much changes with respect to connectivity and telephony needs. What I need now isn't necessarily what I will need in 2023

Fox1

Executive Member
These mobile broadband offers are for use in PayAsYouGo routers only, the company noted.
How do they know if your SIM is in a router or a mobile phone?

Xiphan

What a joke. MTN only ever had one good Black Friday special and that was their 50Gb anytime data deal from a few years ago that also came with 10,000 MTN-to-MTN minutes. Not repeating that deal once a year is BS and splitting data so that they can market a confusing 50Gb special is misleading, disingenuous, useless and absurd! :mad:

SilverCode

Customers with their own existing PayAsYouGo Routers can also get the 50GB data offer as a SIM-only deal for R199 once-off.
Oh, hey that is fantastic. I'm definitely going to pick that up.

This 50GB data bundle will be allocated as follows:
  • 26GB once off – in the first month comprising 8GB Anytime Data, 8GB Night Express Data and 10GB YouTube bundle
  • 24GB – recurring monthly 2GB of data over a 12-month period
WTF? Nevermind. This is the most complicated bundle designed to confuse customers yet.

HighPing

Four years ago MTN had the 50gb black Friday deal which I took. Two years ago they offered an upgrade deal that was R299 for 60gb day and 60gb night, which I took. Is there any upgrade for those previous black Friday customers this year?

I found out about the upgrade deal from mybroadband forums, the MTN staff barely even knew about it until the manager came out. Does anyone have any information on this now?

abzob

Honorary Master
Four years ago MTN had the 50gb black Friday deal which I took. Two years ago they offered an upgrade deal that was R299 for 60gb day and 60gb night, which I took. Is there any upgrade for those previous black Friday customers this year?

I found out about the upgrade deal from mybroadband forums, the MTN staff barely even knew about it until the manager came out. Does anyone have any information on this now?

See this thread : https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/mtn-black-friday-rumor.856530/

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Looks good