• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

MTN must constantly deal with hackers trying to score free data

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
MTN must constantly deal with hackers trying to score free data

A security researcher recently contacted MyBroadband to report a vulnerability in the MTN network that could allow hackers to get free data using DNS tunnelling.

The Domain Name System (DNS) is a set of servers on the Internet which enable the translation of human-readable domains, like mtn.co.za, into Internet Protocol addresses.

truman19

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Dear EMPTY-N
If you weren't such arseholes to begin with, and hired so many palookas in the networking division maybe then you'd be in a better position today and not have to deal with so many hackers.. The ship has sailed though, you're now s**t outta luck!

Also, as for the DNS tunnelling hack.. its old... some more effort in proper research is needed when doing these news articles. I knew of this going back as far as 2011

Noxcious

If they sold 1GB regular data for R10. Percentage of those who "steal" I think would drastically drop?
I agree, making data actually affordable will lower the problem. but what would Monopolies do? Nothing, they just want the hard working people's money.

Swa

Honorary Master
Vodacom vlive anyone?
MMS apn?
etc etc

Oh the memories...
Tried the MMS one but couldn't figure it out as other servers besides the MMS one were blocked.

At one time you could get free email through the Vodacom website. Would send about 10-30GB a month through gmail that way.