MTN Nigeria faces investigation over shares listing

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
MTN Nigeria faces investigation over shares listing

MTN Group Ltd.’s Nigeria listing is being investigated by local authorities, the latest in a series of disputes in the African wireless carrier’s largest market.

Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has requested certain information and documentation regarding the May 16 listing, MTN Nigeria Communications Plc said in a statement on Saturday.

[Bloomberg]

R13...

Honorary Master
They must just come right out and nationalise the company. It's what they obviously want to do

dunkyd

Expert Member
Pity they don't split the company into two. One in SA and one in Nigeria for the thieving government there. Does MTN think they will ever outsmart the world's leaders in scams?
At least us here won't have to pay for the stealing up north.

Pavan

Expert Member
Any thoughts on their stock price (JSE)? MTN is not going anywhere. If anything, they will expand even further into Africa in the long run. Question is, is now the right time to buy or is there still a way to go to the bottom?

bromster

Expert Member
Any thoughts on their stock price (JSE)? MTN is not going anywhere. If anything, they will expand even further into Africa in the long run. Question is, is now the right time to buy or is there still a way to go to the bottom?
I'm already down 40%. I wish that I was buying now.

R13...

Honorary Master
I'm already down 40%. I wish that I was buying now.
Problem is that they seem to be employing all 419 scammers in their Nigerian management team so you don't know what else is likely to come out down the line