MTN Not registered on network error

Hi,

I am having trouble making phone calls because my phone says it's "not registered on the network."

Is anyone else having this problem?

There doesn't seem to be an appropriate answer on the 083 135 number. I don't know how to get help with this problem. It's really irritating that there is no troubleshoot option on their site / call centre.

I've tried putting the phone into and out of aeroplane mo, rebooting the phone and resetting all network settings to no avail

I'd really appreciate it if somebody knew how I could contact MTN?

IOPS

Might help saying in which part of CPT you're in.
Have you tried the SIM in another phone?

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
I had that when my IMEI corrupted somehow.

Like IOPS suggested, try the sim card in another phone.

blunt

Expert Member
Hi,

I am having trouble making phone calls because my phone says it's "not registered on the network."

Is anyone else having this problem?

There doesn't seem to be an appropriate answer on the 083 135 number. I don't know how to get help with this problem. It's really irritating that there is no troubleshoot option on their site / call centre.

I've tried putting the phone into and out of aeroplane mo, rebooting the phone and resetting all network settings to no avail

I'd really appreciate it if somebody knew how I could contact MTN?
I had this with an Afrihost SIM, they had to replace it with a new one, I assume they did a sim swap.

Looney

Expert Member
It’s strange, I’m on Telkom Mobile and I’m also having issues, even when forcing to connect to MTN I get No Service.

craig1606

also getting this today, maybe there's something wrong with MTN
This is a different issue. Telkom have acknowledged that there is a problem on their network for at least a week now.
You need to log a call to rectify it. They are saying approx about 9 days to resolve.
I just logged a call with them and have demanded my contract fees back as they are only delivering a partial service.