MTN now offers month-to-month SIM-only deals

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
MTN now offers month-to-month SIM-only deals

MTN has announced it now offers a month-to-month payment option on its SIM-only packages.

The payment option requires no long-term contract lock-in, credit checks, or completing complicated paperwork, the operator said.

“MTN Month-to-Month is available to anyone that either doesn’t want to be tied to a contract or who is unable to get a long-term contract due to not meeting minimum requirements,” the operator stated.

Reactions: Shi

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
I thought all of them offers a month to month sim, strange, I've been haven it at Telkom for years now.

politallycorrect

HostZA

I ordered a new Business cell/sim contract via MTN`s website and it took about 2 weeks to get the handset and it has now been 7 days since I got it and the Sim is still dead. I have tried every form of communication with them and I am just getting nowhere slowly. Does anyone have any advice for me?

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
IF/WHEN they offer the 110gig option on sim im gonna jump for it!!

But still at R499 for 24months with included router it aint too bad

MirageF1

Executive Member
My AH (MTN) sim only 60+60 @R349 month by month is still best value IMO.

Clocked a smooth 126 Mbps DL/ 26 Mbps UL last night at my new residence right after switching on my B618 router for first time.
Previously, also with AH (MTN) my max speeds where continuously between 40-100Mbps 24x7, for over a year since signing up.

P.S Thanks to @AfriNatic for getting the tower switch sorted in no time.

Last edited:

wizardofid

Executive Member
Not at all. Both working great here.
Dude seriously I stay in the middle of the Freestate in a town with about 60 people 150km's away from the closest large city which is bfm and I pretty much beat the pants off most people living in big cities, in which world is cellc or telkom better, in speed and coverage. Telkom and cellc pretty much has 2g coverage only.

Our dam is larger then the entire town.

Quick speed test, I live in an old house with a metal roof, could like double my speeds if I connect the signal booster.
mtn4.jpg

coverage.jpg

cpu.

Executive Member
My AH (MTN) sim only 60+60 @R349 month by month is still best value IMO.

Clocked a smooth 126 Mbps DL/ 26 Mbps UL last night at my new residence right after switching on my B618 router for first time.
Previously, also with AH (MTN) my max speeds where continuously between 40-100Mbps 24x7, for over a year since signing up.
120GB for R349 would be even better...

Randux

Expert Member
The 40GB for R199 package is also available on month-to-month? Can't seem to find the option on their site.