MTN permanently shuts down 53 cell towers

Sollie

Expert Member
So Vodacom and MTN can employ more police (and not want to cut it by R6 billion) and built more jails and ensure the courts have enough capacity? You aren't happy with their data prices and now want to give them these powers? :unsure:
I wonder if he has a red t-shirt & cap. Or maybe it is him ... :unsure:

whatwhat

Executive Member
Everyone turns a blind eye to the thieving and **** that goes on in SA, because they are waiting for someone else to fix it. And in this case the towers get destroyed and MTN fixes it - only to be destroyed again. "Oh well just another day in Africa and I wonder why i pay 140 rand a gig"

Time for the chickens to come home to roost.

Martin 007

We must uphold the rule of law this is critical to our nation. MTN must be able to charge whatever they like, they put the business in place. It's never okay to steal from another person. Two wrongs never make a right. Cell phone companies make a fortune. As consumers we must encourage competition and make the environment better / cheaper for business. Otherwise have the state run evrrytime

Quicks

We must uphold the rule of law this is critical to our nation. MTN must be able to charge whatever they like, they put the business in place. It's never okay to steal from another person. Two wrongs never make a right. Cell phone companies make a fortune. As consumers we must encourage competition and make the environment better / cheaper for business. Otherwise have the state run evrrytime
If only. But the ANC policies do not allow this...

This country is about making a quick buck and screw the rest, that it just in the culture. I would say it needs to collapse before people will learn, but then again it was not the case with Zimbabwe they just proved it can get a lot worse and never recover. Only thing that might change things is a proper World War 3 or Plague wiping out millions of people and maybe only from those ashes it might be build better. But even then I will not get my hopes up!

Bad1

So Vodacom and MTN can employ more police (and not want to cut it by R6 billion) and built more jails and ensure the courts have enough capacity? You aren't happy with their data prices and now want to give them these powers? :unsure:
You well aware that the government doesn't care about its citizens safety and you aware according to yearly results cellphone networks make billions and billions in profit, that's after all expenses. What have the networks done for the citizens of the country? All the profits leave the country into eurozone countries were shareholders are with happy lives, safe lives while we fear a dreaded day someone will break into our houses or hi Jack us. If vodacom offered affordable data around R400 a month uncapped lte package i wouldn't ask them to contribute back to the people of this country but when i see the yearly profit compared to what these scum company's do for communities it makes me burn and want to turn the other cheek when people steal from them!

supersunbird

Honorary Master
You well aware that the government doesn't care about its citizens safety and you aware according to yearly results cellphone networks make billions and billions in profit, that's after all expenses. What have the networks done for the citizens of the country? All the profits leave the country into eurozone countries were shareholders are with happy lives, safe lives while we fear a dreaded day someone will break into our houses or hi Jack us. If vodacom offered affordable data around R400 a month uncapped lte package i wouldn't ask them to contribute back to the people of this country but when i see the yearly profit compared to what these scum company's do for communities it makes me burn and want to turn the other cheek when people steal from them!
Paid lots of tax and other fees. Given near universal telecoms. Created lots of direct and ancillary employment. Paid lots of dividends to shareholders/pension fund members. God, feels like that Life of Brian scene.

Bad1

And they will continue to make billions as long as there's no reason not to. That's how business works.. Where there's a demand, they will capitalise. Not sure what you think you're going to do about that other than whinge?
Ok il stop whining and just sit back and watch the price of data skyrocket, i suppose you will only complain when the economy collapses and you sitting with a doorstop in your hand. In Zimbabwe private companies did exactly the same thing and look what happen!

Bad1

Paid lots of tax and other fees. Given near universal telecoms. Created lots of direct and ancillary employment. Paid lots of dividends to shareholders/pension fund members. God, feels like that Life of Brian scene.
The rich are well taken care off, what they did for the majority of the country, which are prepaid users, o yes they charge them R149 a gig, thanks mtn and vodacom

Bad1

WTAF are you saying? That someone is going to steal the satellites from orbit?

BTW, you forgot to include "R150 per gig" in your post. It seems like to copy and paste that crap into every post your make and then use that to justify your incoherent trolling.
You sound unhappy, you not one vodacoms or mtn shareholders I guess, relax in your home take a breath and prey criminals dont break in and steal your stuff or hi Jack you at the robots, as long as private companies milk the poor everyone will be unsafe in your own homes!

Bad1

Everyone turns a blind eye to the thieving and **** that goes on in SA, because they are waiting for someone else to fix it. And in this case the towers get destroyed and MTN fixes it - only to be destroyed again. "Oh well just another day in Africa and I wonder why i pay 140 rand a gig"

Time for the chickens to come home to roost.
Like it or not batteries will get stolen over and over, remember its not only the claimed ANC supports which are the criminals , its also the lovers of the old flag! Ok fine let private companies milk the poor, keep in mind this is what private companies did before the economy in Zimbabwe collapsed!

Sollie

Expert Member
Ok il stop whining and just sit back and watch the price of data skyrocket, i suppose you will only complain when the economy collapses and you sitting with a doorstop in your hand. In Zimbabwe private companies did exactly the same thing and look what happen!
I'll say this as politely as possible: You have f-all understanding how things work.

Bad1

This forum has converted me, i now love
I'll say this as politely as possible: You have f-all understanding how things work.
I'll say this honestly, you have f-all knowledge about the majority of this country, i know what these people think about, i know what leads them into crime, remember we are just small percentage of the population, trust me if cellphone companies can make communication affordable it will make an impact to the lives of these people and if these companies spend a small fraction on educating the youth in these areas there would be less future criminals and less criminals stealing batteries and overall better lives for all of us, private companies just dont care and that's the same attitude private companies had before Zimbabwe's economy collapsed!

quovadis

Expert Member
This forum has converted me, i now love

I'll say this honestly, you have f-all knowledge about the majority of this country, i know what these people think about, i know what leads them into crime, remember we are just small percentage of the population, trust me if cellphone companies can make communication affordable it will make an impact to the lives of these people and if these companies spend a small fraction on educating the youth in these areas there would be less future criminals and less criminals stealing batteries and overall better lives for all of us, private companies just dont care and that's the same attitude private companies had before Zimbabwe's economy collapsed!
Ok I'll bite. Put a number to it. Whats a small fraction in rands?

Bad1

In , member: 7360"]Ok I'll bite. Put a number to it. Whats a small fraction in rands?[/QUOTE]
I cannot give you numbers, i will be guessing and leaving somthing you can quote me on