MTN permanently shuts down 53 cell towers

Bad1

Everyone has converted me to love vodacom and mtn so i would like to thank these networks for all they have done for the normal citizens of this country, thank you for a wonderful 4g network which is up to world standards while travelling to different parts of South Africa, thank you for providing affordable data to everyone so i can stream netflix 24 /7 so cheaply, thank you for so affordable call rates i can talk for hours and hours for just few cents and most importantly thank you for your contributions to this country, it has truly impacted positively on our lovely economy, with our economy on the high we dont really mind the high profits you make. I am so sad and emotional your batteries are stolen please let us South Africans donate money to your security and new batteries and please increase the price of data its a bit to low to replace all those batteries, thank your mtn and vodacom for creating a wonderful country you do business in!

Bad1

Then maybe you should stop engaging until you actually think about what you're so vocal about.
Ok boss i will stop, i need a batteries for my solar setup i think i rather go work on that

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
If this country is such a s***hole, why stay here leave the loyal people to face the music, Australia loves South Africans, go and if vodacom and mtn cant solve battery problems they should pull out of the country, but they will never leave, to much money is made of us South Africans, billions in profit from such a small nation, makes no sense to pull out,these networks should replace stolen batteries, it wouldn't make a huge dent in profit, The end
No they'll just decommission the towers where thievery makes it uneconomical.

The same thing Eskom should have done with Soweto.

Happy Days

You sound unhappy, you not one vodacoms or mtn shareholders I guess, relax in your home take a breath and prey criminals dont break in and steal your stuff or hi Jack you at the robots, as long as private companies milk the poor everyone will be unsafe in your own homes!
I am unhappy with the crap you're spewing! So MTN charging R150 per gig, along with Vodacom and all the other companies are now responsible for the crime in this country?

You're simply trolling - you're not able to provide any kind of coherent argument and unable to back any of your wild claims with proof.