MTN prepaid price plans renamed, new default announced

10i

Expert Member
Still 21c per min more than Cellc and 41c per min more than Telkom Mobile

Boris Becker

Expert Member
Still 21c per min more than Cellc and 41c per min more than Telkom Mobile

Worth it considering Cell C's pathetic network. When my MTN contract expired, I moved to MTN Prepaid with the intention of porting to Cell C the next day and signing a Straight 200 contract. I never did, instead sticking with MTN Prepaid One4all. That was almost a year ago. Working quite well at the moment.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Worth it considering Cell C's pathetic network. When my MTN contract expired, I moved to MTN Prepaid with the intention of porting to Cell C the next day and signing a Straight 200 contract. I never did, instead sticking with MTN Prepaid One4all. That was almost a year ago. Working quite well at the moment.

MTN's network is just as pathetic in my experience.

maumau

Honorary Master
I have the same issue as Boris. What's the point of cheap data when there's signal but no data connection. Also went MTN prepaid intending to port but luckily tried a prepaid Cell C sim before changing. Landed up giving it away.

Species8472

Do yourself a favour and port over to telkom Sim Sonke. 75c per minute, per second billing and it roams on the MTN network. Best of both worlds really, I have been on sonke for a few weeks now and am very happy with it.

Rudi_C

I'm leaving MTN end of Feb for good. They don't care for their customers at all. I was a customer from their second year in business and I pay R2.30/m on contract. Do you need more proof that they don't care for their customers? That's only R1.29 more than they're offering the people on PAYG. I would much rather take the chance on CellC's network than being ripped off by MTN.

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Do yourself a favour and port over to telkom Sim Sonke. 75c per minute, per second billing and it roams on the MTN network. Best of both worlds really, I have been on sonke for a few weeks now and am very happy with it.

My gf did that, it was the worse decision she ever made. Dropped calls and calls going directly to voice mail.

It's all about location, you can go cheapest, but if you have crap signal, you will regret it.

Me, I'm happy with Cell C, best decision I ever made. Suits my needs.

R13...

Honorary Master
My gf did that, it was the worse decision she ever made. Dropped calls and calls going directly to voice mail.

It's all about location, you can go cheapest, but if you have crap signal, you will regret it.

Me, I'm happy with Cell C, best decision I ever made. Suits my needs.

That's why I roll with a dual SIM phone. MTN to be reachable and Cell C or Telkom to make calls. Unfortunately the two small cheap operators have very sparse coverage and really poor quality.

entrepr

Expert Member
I have MTN coverage but so poor it would be better to not have - I can't use the phone for professional calls and have to either call from my landline or borrow my son's Cell C phone. Very embarrassing. The data is similar - I have to force it to 2G to get it to browse properly. I also find all the MTN offerings confusing - Cell C's pricing is clear