MTN - recharging with airtime - Airtime disappears without trace

Dee6977

I have noticed something strange with MTN, not sure with other providers.
When charging your MTN account (prepaid) with airtime, and moving on to buy a data deal....it all of a sudden says you have insufficient airtime to purchase the deal!
When checking balance I have an amount missing.
For example: (one example of many incidents) - I bought R45 at BP last week. Switched of Mobile data...recharged my MTN prepaid account. I should have a balance of R49 in total - When checking balance i only had R11 - Explain what happened to the rest!?

I did explain this to MTN shop in Fourways and was told I must switch off mobile data (Which I always do!) and check for subscriptions....which I have none of...!

This has happened many times on different occasions and I am not the only one.

Anyone else with this issue?

RedViking

Executive Member
Dial *141*5# and Option 2 (Content Services) , cancel all the WASP you are subscribed too.

Even if you didn't do it, just go and check.

Gudnews

MTN always stealing my R5 recharge I use to keep the sim active. I'll check that WASP thing out though.

Vir149

I'm also having an issue with my MTN prepaid airtime disappearing, however it only happens when I have my mobile data switched on.
For example; I'll check my airtime balance with mobile data off and it'll show Airtime: R50, Data: 100mb. Switch mobile data back on and it'll now show Airtime: R0.00, Data: 100mb. :wtf:
It's got to the point where I can only make a call when my mobile data is off....really frustrating :confused:

HoosenE

Had the same thing happen to me last weekend, over R200 Airtime disappeared, even bought a 50mb data bundle for the day which also disappeared, even thought I use the Axxess APN to provide my data