MTN South Africa CEO ready to resign: report

rpm

Admin
Staff member
MTN SA CEO ready to resign: report

MTN South Africa CEO Ahmad Farroukh is ready to resign as the company is struggling to end strike action over wages and bonuses. This is according to the Sunday Times.

whatwhat

Executive Member
The unions are black mailing companies into the dark ages.

Just fire the striking workers.

RichardG

Honorary Master
The unions are black mailing companies into the dark ages.

Just fire the striking workers.
How would you feel if you were earning peanuts, and wanted to fight for what is right. They cannot just fire you like that.. Hope one day the same situation happens to you without getting 13 th cheque, or a bonus

Problem is shareholders don't want to give in to demands. Best thing to do is resign, best step would be lower everyone salary in top management who take millions every year.

whatwhat

Executive Member
How would you feel if you were earning peanuts, and wanted to fight for what is right. They cannot just fire you like that.. Hope one day the same situation happens to you without getting 13 th cheque, or a bonus

Problem is shareholders don't want to give in to demands. Best thing to do is resign, best step would be lower everyone salary in top management who take millions every year.
Fight for what that is right? If the employees have a problem they can find a job somewhere else - they aren't in a contract to work for MTN. It's simple supply and demand, if your boss pisses you off or not paying enough you are free to go look somewhere else. There are plenty of people that will take their place.

I don't receive 13th cheque or bonus either, so that point is moot on me. South Africans have a big "entitlement" chip on their shoulder, if you work or have any experience with the first world you would get taken back to reality very, very quickly.

ingeon

This goes why deeper than... Trying to apply what he did in Nigeria has ticked off people on all levels at MTN ;)

969e13b8919fba3e0ce91a50babffb6c.jpg

Last edited:

jansdejager

Expert Member
This goes why deeper than... Trying to apply what he did in Nigeria has ticked off people on all levels at MTN ;)
cut and run! Nigeria is completely different playing field. In what ways could he make the local chapter more like the dredge of W-Africa? Call centre positions have never been any less than stepping stones toward better positions and they're highly performance-based.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
MTN SP is f***** at the moment. Call centre doesn't work, self help doesn't work and of my two accounts, can't login to monitor account of one. Billing queries on both resulting in MTN now owing me R3k but still trying to deduct more funds. I've stopped all debit orders for them and many other folks have stopped as well. Not to mention the shi***** that will happen when they finally get back and running again as a lot of folks will close contracts due to the current breaches by MTN.

Necuno

Court Jester
MTN SP is f***** at the moment. Call centre doesn't work, self help doesn't work and of my two accounts, can't login to monitor account of one. Billing queries on both resulting in MTN now owing me R3k but still trying to deduct more funds. I've stopped all debit orders for them and many other folks have stopped as well. Not to mention the shi***** that will happen when they finally get back and running again as a lot of folks will close contracts due to the current breaches by MTN.
need a hug?