• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

MTN Spul

We ( company ) have noticed that Spul have been increased on one of our handsets without the consent of the authorised account holder. When we eventually managed to speak to someone at Mtn, we were informed that indeed it was a problem. A goodwill credit was suggested, an offer we accepted. Since then, no contact, no money, no joy. Strange that you need a signed letter from the account holder with signed copies of his id document just to enquire a balance on an account, but that you can run an account into the thousands by simply entering a code on a handset. Smells like a deliberate thought out plan to milk the consumer. Justice will eventually be served, that I guarantee you. In the meantime, I am anxiously awaiting my R38 000 refund.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
We ( company ) have noticed that Spul have been increased on one of our handsets without the consent of the authorised account holder. When we eventually managed to speak to someone at Mtn, we were informed that indeed it was a problem. A goodwill credit was suggested, an offer we accepted. Since then, no contact, no money, no joy. Strange that you need a signed letter from the account holder with signed copies of his id document just to enquire a balance on an account, but that you can run an account into the thousands by simply entering a code on a handset. Smells like a deliberate thought out plan to milk the consumer. Justice will eventually be served, that I guarantee you. In the meantime, I am anxiously awaiting my R38 000 refund.
You'd have more success directing this at MTN, rather than ranting about it on a forum.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
I think he was referring to them in Afrikaans:

"Daai EMPTY-N spul... maak my tietspiere lam"

Voldemort

Death eater
If you can tell me who you were speaking to regarding the matter, any reference numbers, I can follow up for you, lemme know.