MTN status on eSIM, VoLTE (iPhone) and WifiCalling

3Gee

Expert Member
I’m patiently waiting for eSim, not holding my breath tho

Sayf777

Expert Member
Came to ask this
Checked both my MTN phones (Nokia 8 Sirocco and Samsung A51) neither have VOWiFI active :(
Tested on 3 different phones in my household (2 Samsung and a Huawei p30 lite). Nothing here as well. Though telkom shows volte/vowifi with no issue

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Not working on my Samsung Note10+ either. Cell C Sim does show VoWifi, but MTN just VoLTE.

droidx

Expert Member
Confirmed on MTN.
My Cell C sim no longer gets VoWiFi, where it used to. I'm not on wifi right now.
Here is a snip from my call list, sim 1 is mtn and sim 2 is cell c which I only use for data.

isie

Honorary Master
Confirmed on MTN.
My Cell C sim no longer gets VoWiFi, where it used to. I'm not on wifi right now.
Here is a snip from my call list, sim 1 is mtn and sim 2 is cell c which I only use for data.
wonder if they testing and activated for your model
hopefully others phones follow soon

bwtodd

On a separate topic, I see MTN has released a new app for iOS and Android. I’m on the US store for Apple, and if someone here works for MTN, please could I request they they publish the app as globally available. Can’t download it currently.

Sayf777

Expert Member
No, but call center seems to be aware of what it is.. A while back was trying to request to become part of their trial- via MTN employees who are heading it up (according to their LinkedIn profiles atleast) but no luck

Louis72

Anyone managed to get it activated via support?
No, but call center seems to be aware of what it is.. A while back was trying to request to become part of their trial- via MTN employees who are heading it up (according to their LinkedIn profiles atleast) but no luck
Trying my best to activate VoLTE Aka HD voice with no success. iPhone 7 with it enabled but calls still fall back to 3G.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Trying my best to activate VoLTE Aka HD voice with no success. iPhone 7 with it enabled but calls still fall back to 3G.
I had intermittent issue like that with my iPhone 7plus. Restarts usually resolved it

Tector

Asked MTN on facebook messenger to activate wifi calling on my Galaxy S9. I have a ticket open for about a week now. Said it is has been escalated to their tech team. Well, it is not a flat out "no, we don't support it" so I will report back with the outcome...

Sayf777

Expert Member
Asked MTN on facebook messenger to activate wifi calling on my Galaxy S9. I have a ticket open for about a week now. Said it is has been escalated to their tech team. Well, it is not a flat out "no, we don't support it" so I will report back with the outcome...
Thanks.

isie

Honorary Master
fingers crossed

daiyaan

Yesterday I noticed that phone calls on my dads phone was through Vowifi. It appears they possibly rolling out in batches...

Sayf777

Expert Member
I'm told by MTN that they support wifi calling and just that the device needs to be support it and the setting has to switched on. Went over hd calling as well as volte and still persists that wifi calling is active on the mtn network. Apologies @Voldemort , is the above true?