Seriously

Honorary Master
Still no joy. Time already to cancel this new service? Even tried their other number
011 300 5800. No response. Queue just stuck.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Just some feedback. This issue seems to be resolved for now.
Seems the main issue was that the modem locks on a different tower when moved thus MTN locks the sim. Bad for us as there is 3 towers in our area and just moving the modem to a different position or 3 meters to the next room triggers a possible tower jump. The modem is now placed in the kitchen , thus fairly positioned central to all rooms. So far the service is still up and running since the last MTN re-activation , we do not even dare touching the modem now. Unfortunately the position is not at the best spot for either WIFI signal strength everywhere and neither in the position for the best 4G signal strength. Thus constant acceptable speed and performance will have to be monitored for a while to evaluate if this performance warrants staying with the MTN fixed LTE service. Though it performs much better than the Telkom service we had It was much less cumbersome with acceptable performance when we were with CellC .

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I am giving up on these guys ... its been 3 weeks now since first (again) reporting issues on their international backhaul, to the effect that my router pulls under 10Mbps (on a 100Mbps line) for twitch, buffering 6 times per minute. Still waiting for a ticket number, still waiting for someone to respond. But now I am done waiting.
F#$ck them and their useless network and call centre

MDKza

How many of you stay in Midstream or more specifically Midstream Meadows. I am moving in this Dec and am scared the internet sucks. Looking at the 200Mbps package

LandyMan

Honorary Master
How many of you stay in Midstream or more specifically Midstream Meadows. I am moving in this Dec and am scared the internet sucks. Looking at the 200Mbps package
Yeah, you need to go with someone other than Supersonic. Supersonic is the only fibre provider, however, you can use Level-7, Vodacom and a few others as ISP ... I recently moved from Supersonic as ISP to Level-7 ... couldn't be happier

MDKza

Yeah, you need to go with someone other than Supersonic. Supersonic is the only fibre provider, however, you can use Level-7, Vodacom and a few others as ISP ... I recently moved from Supersonic as ISP to Level-7 ... couldn't be happier

No other ISP can offer the 200Mbps though? At least not that I can find.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
No other ISP can offer the 200Mbps though? At least not that I can find.
Chances are you won't get 200 in any case with Supersonic as ISP. I am not sure, but IIRC Vodacom and Level-7 have 200Mbps.

It is better to go with 100, GET 100 and you don't have to deal with the Supesonic incompetence

MDKza

Chances are you won't get 200 in any case with Supersonic as ISP. I am not sure, but IIRC Vodacom and Level-7 have 200Mbps.

It is better to go with 100, GET 100 and you don't have to deal with the Supesonic incompetence

This is also true. Lol.

Gert.M

I live in retire@midstream and was under the impression that you could only make use of Supersonic as your fibre ISP? Previously I was with Afrihost but they could nog help me with a fibre connection here.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I live in retire@midstream and was under the impression that you could only make use of Supersonic as your fibre ISP? Previously I was with Afrihost but they could nog help me with a fibre connection here.
You can only use Supersonic as Fibre provider .. but there are a number of ISPs you can use on top of that fibre, including Vodacom and Level-7.

Send me a DM if you need some help ...

Comix

After less than a year with Supersonic i have decided to call it a day due to their terrible customer service
This is due to the following events occurring:

26-Sep - Requested line upgrade from 20/2 to 100/10.
Consultant said they'd upgrade the line for the next billing cycle (1st Oct), I figured I could wait a few days.
1-Oct - Line was not upgraded, although they claim their systems reported it was. I contacted Vumatel who confirmed that no such order was placed.
2-Oct - After numerous phone calls with no resolve an E-mail was sent cancelling the service. At this point I had no confidence in Supersonic in being able to resolve the issue. November given as notice period.
1-Nov - A invoice statement of R25 received, contacted supersonic, was told I had a credit and that everything was fine. I told them I was supposed to be paying R795 for the 20/2 line.
25-Nov - Received a large bill for 2 months usage and was charged for a 100/10 line (which I still did not have).
27-Nov - Line was magically upgraded to 100/10, three days before the requested cancellation date.
1-Dec - Line is still active, the account has not been closed. Mediation request logged with ISPA

the saga continues.....

Last edited:

Crossing_Swords

Hi there, don't know whether this has been addressed, my apologies if it has.
Supersonic sent the B612 router with, which works well. However, I want to use my B618 router instead as it apparently gives better results. But when I put my sim in my B618, it keeps telling me that my profile is invalid. I did change the APN etc. I phoned Supersonic but they say they can't help me.
Anybody else have this experience but were able to fix it?

jnbdubcee

Supersonic is another brand of Telkom.

Try cancelling a service.

On the 26/Nov, I emailed the info@supersonic.co.za as well as accounts@supersonic.co.za addresses advising cancellation from 04/Dec.

There was an autoreply advising to contact their callcentre and whatsapp merged number.

I then whatsapped the WhatsApp number advising same.

I receive an auto response saying somebody will contact me. Nobody has contacted me.

I then call the number today and Thuli at Customer Service says she does not do cancellations and I will need to email somebody else.

What is the point of having all these email addresses and contact points for Customer “Service” if Supersonic cannot effect a simple cancellation?

Honestly, I feel like I’m dealing with Telkom all over again.

As I am not on contract, simple, just stop paying.

Best advice- stay away from Supersonic. This is just as bad as Telkom.

And here I thought Afrihost was bad.

LandyMan

Honorary Master

On the 26/Nov, I emailed the info@supersonic.co.za as well as accounts@supersonic.co.za addresses advising cancellation from 04/Dec.

There was an autoreply advising to contact their callcentre and whatsapp merged number.

I receive an auto response saying somebody will contact me. Nobody has contacted me.

I then call the number today and Thuli at Customer Service says she does not do cancellations and I will need to email somebody else.

What is the point of having all these email addresses and contact points for Customer “Service” if Supersonic cannot effect a simple cancellation?

calvin.collett@mtn.com

Mobster

cancellations@supersonic.co.za

Jaredza

Supersonic is literally worse than Telkom. I have had nothing but issues with them for months, ever since I signed up. My issues can be found on my post history, but my latest issue is incredibly damning for Supersonic.

This is my latest post:

Ever since I signed up with Supersonic early this year, I have had nothing but issues with them, and their customer service has been shocking. They never accept responsibility and issues take ages to fix if they are ever fixed, and the same issues regularly occur again.

Recently, I have been having trouble with much higher than normal latency when connecting to EU servers for gaming purposes, as well as unacceptably low download speeds. I called them today to notify them of my issues, and their statement from multiple support agents and technicians was that Supersonic does not help with any issues relating to international traffic and specifically cannot help their clients with very high latency or low download speeds when accessing international traffic. This was very shocking to me, as an ISP is meant to provide access to their clients to access the global internet. There was no mistaking their policy though. Supersonic bears no responsibility for poor international bandwidth quality. Their reasoning was that they cannot access these international servers, however, they are responsible for providing an adequate connection to the internet outside of South Africa, just like any other ISP.

I have contacted the ISPA before regarding their poor service delivery, however, that went nowhere, as I was called by a senior technician to assure me that they accept and admit that they have not provided an acceptable level of service to me and many other clients and that it would improve. This was months ago. Well, here you have it, not only have things gotten worse, but now it is their policy to not even engage with international bandwidth problems, despite millions of South Africans relying on their ISPs to provide a stable and quality connection to international servers.

My advice for anyone looking for an ISP would be to stay far, far away from this company.

My problems in the past have always been relating to their shocking international speeds, high latency and terrible stability.

If you are on Supersonic, gaming on international servers(LoL, WoW etc.) or watching international streams like on Twitch are absolutely terrible, and they refuse to fix it. They are completely incompetent and refuse to take any responsiblity.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Supersonic is literally worse than Telkom. I have had nothing but issues with them for months, ever since I signed up. My issues can be found on my post history, but my latest issue is incredibly damning for Supersonic.

This is my latest post:

Ever since I signed up with Supersonic early this year, I have had nothing but issues with them, and their customer service has been shocking. They never accept responsibility and issues take ages to fix if they are ever fixed, and the same issues regularly occur again.

Recently, I have been having trouble with much higher than normal latency when connecting to EU servers for gaming purposes, as well as unacceptably low download speeds. I called them today to notify them of my issues, and their statement from multiple support agents and technicians was that Supersonic does not help with any issues relating to international traffic and specifically cannot help their clients with very high latency or low download speeds when accessing international traffic. This was very shocking to me, as an ISP is meant to provide access to their clients to access the global internet. There was no mistaking their policy though. Supersonic bears no responsibility for poor international bandwidth quality. Their reasoning was that they cannot access these international servers, however, they are responsible for providing an adequate connection to the internet outside of South Africa, just like any other ISP.

I have contacted the ISPA before regarding their poor service delivery, however, that went nowhere, as I was called by a senior technician to assure me that they accept and admit that they have not provided an acceptable level of service to me and many other clients and that it would improve. This was months ago. Well, here you have it, not only have things gotten worse, but now it is their policy to not even engage with international bandwidth problems, despite millions of South Africans relying on their ISPs to provide a stable and quality connection to international servers.

My advice for anyone looking for an ISP would be to stay far, far away from this company.

My problems in the past have always been relating to their shocking international speeds, high latency and terrible stability.

If you are on Supersonic, gaming on international servers(LoL, WoW etc.) or watching international streams like on Twitch are absolutely terrible, and they refuse to fix it. They are completely incompetent and refuse to take any responsiblity.
Been through that exact same crap with that useless bunch. Told them on numerous occasions they have international issues due to LAG and packet drops, and they gave me the same answer about international not being their problem.

Dropped them 3 months ago, and I cannot be happier.

Jaredza

Been through that exact same crap with that useless bunch. Told them on numerous occasions they have international issues due to LAG and packet drops, and they gave me the same answer about international not being their problem.

Dropped them 3 months ago, and I cannot be happier.
Did they make you pay the clawback fee? That's the only reason I haven't canceled.