MTN the worst customer service in the country

Robinm_za

I have tried Hello Peter 3 times with pretty much the same generic standardised response. One would think what they say to you in reply to a complaint would be followed through, but in each instance nothing was done.

I begged and pleaded with them to send me invoices in the post, but all I received were threatening letters stating they "have tried many times to contact me via SMS or phone" which is an absolute untruth as I never received anything from them. This went on for months.

They also say they send me email, but I have not received those either. I phoned the accounts department to get them to switch to the postal system. They said sure. I have not had anything in the post as yet, some months later.

I phoned the legal department saying they are more than likely messaging my MTN data sim. I got an arrogant response from the guy there, can't remember his name now.

Went in to the MTN shop and asked there twice to make sure I get invoices in the post. Still nothing.

They have stopped sending me threatening letters so I went in to MTN again and found out I had been handed over to legal without any notification from them.

Here is their latest response: "According to our records the invoices were emailed through and the number has been migrated to pre-paid. Rest assured, it is not our intention to displease you. We look forward to improving on the service delivery to you."

First of all, I specifically asked MTN to send via the POST! I told MTN that I do not get ANYTHING not even via email. So they totally disregarded any of my previous requests and then blurb this out on Hello Peter.

Secondly, they most certainly do not look forward to improving service delivery. How blatantly dishonest.

It is absolutely shocking the way they handle their clients. Yes, I have cancelled, got it switched to prepaid as it's the quickest way out of there, I have no intention of using it.

If anyone is planning on porting, or signing up as a new client, best of luck to you.

I have not received such disrespect from any other cell phone Service Provider.

Goodbye MTN, I am so relieved to be rid of you.

Last edited:

GreyBush

Executive Member
They also have the highest prices, poorest signal and lowest range of available phones.

Dups!

They also have the highest prices, poorest signal and lowest range of available phones.
Sounds like you're describing Vodacom.

Anyway, I feel for OP. MTN does indeed have probably the worst service of all the networks. Seeing that you are migrating to prepaid don't you think it's time to port to a decent network?

Robinm_za

Anyway, I feel for OP. MTN does indeed have probably the worst service of all the networks. Seeing that you are migrating to prepaid don't you think it's time to port to a decent network?
Oh yes, not going to give them any more of my time or money.