MTN Tower to be Installed in my Village soon

Patmat

Good day

Please Kindly Assist.

An MTN Tower is going to be Deployed in my Village soon as we currently have poor Network signal.

The problem is only

Two Beneficiaries selected themselves and their going to benefits the Monthly stipend.

What about the Community??
The Tower is going to be deployed on an open space and is not someones property.

Kindly advice.

Mista_Mobsta

So you want better network quality AND get paid for receiving it? It's not on your land so you don't get to benefit from the rental side of it. Deal with it #NoFreeHandouts

If you are worried about the community, let the community leaders handle it?

Patmat

So you want better network quality AND get paid for receiving it? It's not on your land so you don't get to benefit from the rental side of it. Deal with it #NoFreeHandouts

If you are worried about the community, let the community leaders handle it?
It is going to be deployed on the open area but two people want to benefits from it. Community has to benefits not certain people understood.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
It is going to be deployed on the open area but two people want to benefits from it. Community has to benefits not certain people understood.
Benefit: The community has better MTN coverage.

If the tower is going up on a piece of land owned by someone or a group (like a housing complex) then MTN will pay for their tower to be situated there.

If your community are trying to angle it so that they can get their share of this payment, then obviously you're more interested in getting paid than getting better cellular services.

If you want to be a real arsehole, then start whining about microwave radiation and the brains of the children.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
So how do you propose the community benefit?

WAslayer

Expert Member
The payments from MTN for the use of the land go to the owners of said land.. just because there is open land somewhere, does not mean that the land belongs to the community that surrounds it and the people in the community..

Now, perhaps you have refrained from adding additional details, such as the land belongs to a complex, for example, and two trustees of the complex are trying to take the money paid by MTN for themselves, instead of it being paid to the bank account of the complex..

So, unless something like the above is happening in some way, the only benefit the community will be getting is better cell coverage and are entitled to nothing else..

So, easy question: Who is stipulated on the deed, as the owners of the land the tower will be erected and are they the party that will be receiving payment from MTN or is it a party assigned by the owner of the land to manage the land on their behalf..?

Zophos

Look on the bright side. Free solar batteries coming your way soon. :):thumbsup:

3WA

Executive Member
Who are the two beneficiaries? Tribal leaders? Sounds like they pulled the Kenny Kunene gambit, where you appoint yourself as the spokesperson for the community and start negotiating on their behalf.

Have your chief contact MTN and make sure he's the one getting the money so that the correct person chows on your behalf.

mattrudlles

"The Tower is going to be deployed on an open space and is not someones property. " It most certainly is someone's property. Whether the State, Chief, or a private person's undeveloped land.

I would approach MTN and tell them of your concerns. They can clarify or take steps.

Voldemort

Death eater
"The Tower is going to be deployed on an open space and is not someones property. " It most certainly is someone's property. Whether the State, Chief, or a private person's undeveloped land.

I would approach MTN and tell them of your concerns. They can clarify or take steps.
Take what steps exactly? We pay the owner of the land the rent, not the community lol...

DXL

Expert Member
Good day

Please Kindly Assist.

An MTN Tower is going to be Deployed in my Village soon as we currently have poor Network signal.

The problem is only

Two Beneficiaries selected themselves and their going to benefits the Monthly stipend.

What about the Community??
The Tower is going to be deployed on an open space and is not someones property.

Kindly advice.
Good Day Patmat

My suggestion will be for you to get some signatures from the community including the local Induna supporting you.

Draft a petition that any monetary benefit MTN affords for the use of the land must benefit the community with no cost to the community.

Some ways of doing this would be to suggest the provision of 5 Desktop computers by MTN placed in trust and care of the someone in the area who is responsible and has a keen interest in IT. These computers must be made available to all community members for their use. MTN should provide Internet access for these computers as well. A printer installed by the person and he can charge for usage of the printer to limit abuse. Community time be limited to 1 hour use at a time in peak time and use until someone else arrives.

Please private me your details and Location I can try to offer some of my knowledge and skills for Free to benefit your community.

under_sky

Expert Member
Good Day Patmat

My suggestion will be for you to get some signatures from the community including the local Induna supporting you.

Draft a petition that any monetary benefit MTN affords for the use of the land must benefit the community with no cost to the community.

Some ways of doing this would be to suggest the provision of 5 Desktop computers by MTN placed in trust and care of the someone in the area who is responsible and has a keen interest in IT. These computers must be made available to all community members for their use. MTN should provide Internet access for these computers as well. A printer installed by the person and he can charge for usage of the printer to limit abuse. Community time be limited to 1 hour use at a time in peak time and use until someone else arrives.

Please private me your details and Location I can try to offer some of my knowledge and skills for Free to benefit your community.
Lol this won’t happen and having computers for the community is maybe so 20 years ago. The owner of the land gets the money simple as that. Community get nothing unless it’s on a shared piece of land. Where I stay in Carlswald Ah there are about 5 towers and only the land owners get the rent.