MTN unwilling to fix LTE issues

threegee

I now have speed problems ongoing since 9 December 2020 (confirmed by MTN through OpenWeb) and yet nothing has been done to fix it.

I have tickets open with their coverage helpdesk and they keep telling me its been escalated or instead asking me again and again to fill in their stupid online form.

Tickets

All unresolved

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I now have speed problems ongoing since 9 December 2020 (confirmed by MTN through OpenWeb) and yet nothing has been done to fix it.

I have tickets open with their coverage helpdesk and they keep telling me its been escalated or instead asking me again and again to fill in their stupid online form.

Tickets

All unresolved

You tried twitter? OpenWeb should be dealing with this, not you as a end customer, threaten to void the contract if they dont sort it out.

@AfriNatic What could be done if i was a AH customer on fixed MTN LTE and i had this issue?

VanillaBox

Expert Member

Tickets

All unresolved

This is NOT MTN, it is your service provider, can’t believe they are still with us.

threegee

Actually it's truly not an OpenWeb Issue as it affects both our MTN phones LTE speeds all connected to the same tower that started giving problems on the 9th of December. Have tried Twitter but I am getting sick of sending the same info over and over. All 3 numbers have been reported to MTN and diddly squat is done.

VanillaBox

Expert Member
Actually it's truly not an OpenWeb Issue as it affects both our MTN phones LTE speeds all connected to the same tower that started giving problems on the 9th of December. Have tried Twitter but I am getting sick of sending the same info over and over. All 3 numbers have been reported to MTN and diddly squat is done.

Did you phone (083) 900-1212 ?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
You tried twitter? OpenWeb should be dealing with this, not you as a end customer, threaten to void the contract if they dont sort it out.

@AfriNatic What could be done if i was a AH customer on fixed MTN LTE and i had this issue?

Morning,

It's a tricky situation when it comes to MTN fixed LTE. If a tower is getting congested during certain times it's not an easy upgrade. Limited spectrum doesn't allow MTN just to add more LTE bands or spectrum and the issue goes away. With Fibre network if there is any congestion a FNO can add more fibre switches or add a new OLT and reduce the split or upgrade backhaul to fix any congestion issues but with mobile networks they would need to install a new tower which is far more costly and complicated.

In cases where MTN can not provide the service they do mention that the service is not performing as expected and that this might not be the best solution for the client.