• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

[MTN] Voice signal booster installation

stroebs

Expert Member
Hey forumites,

Does anyone know how I can go about getting MTN to install a signal booster in my building? We are in a dimly-lit basement (yes, we're software developers) and have zero MTN cell signal.

I did a brief forum search and couldn't find a conclusive guide or contact point to get this done.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Hey forumites,

Does anyone know how I can go about getting MTN to install a signal booster in my building? We are in a dimly-lit basement (yes, we're software developers) and have zero MTN cell signal.

I did a brief forum search and couldn't find a conclusive guide or contact point to get this done.
You will have to log multiple complaints from different numbers regarding poor signal. Helps if you're a business customer as well.

The booster is for 2g voice only. Works fine thou.

Looks something like this: https://www.signalboosters.co.za/product/cellphone-signal-booster-2g-4g-600-sqm-power-line/ with an external antenna.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Ask MTN when are they are going to enable wifi calling. As long as you have internet it can carry your phone calls for you.

Voldemort

Death eater
Hey forumites,

Hi there

What i would suggest doing is dialing 083 9001212 and logging the complaint, they will allocate the complaint to the correct coordinator for further analysis and assistance. Alternatively you could PM your details and I'll send you a coverage template to fill out :)

Thanks for the links, I've forwarded them through to my regulatory affairs department to report to ICASA.
One of the main reasons that the networks are shoddy in some areas is because people go this route and install these illegal cell extenders, I wish this would stop already as this makes my job very difficult :mad:

If you buy one of these devices I'm afraid the story doesn't end well- ICASA shows up at your door and removes the offending unit, you don't get any refund on what you have purchased and could be liable for a fine, depending on how many thousands of rands of damage you have caused.

Voldemort

Death eater