MTN wants accountant to pay back R53 million she stole

gamer16

Honorary Master
So brazen

Do people like this really think they'll never be caught or do they just not care and instead live in the moment?

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
So what's wrong with that? It's correct. She HAS to pay it back, in full then serve a stint in the chookie as well just to teach her a lesson. If she's squandered all that dough and can't pay it back in full, then she should be sentenced too a helluva long term of incarceration in Sun City. It serves her right and I for one, don't feel the least bit of sympathy towards her.

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
MTN seems to have been sleeping for a long time.
Just look at their share price for the last couple of years.

krycor

Honorary Master
the management was sleeping...

This.. typically the ceo and others in the exec board would rather cover it up than let it go to court but the theft was large in this case.

R23-53m is a lot.. there is a reason why we see so many fancy cars in the road and no.. they not all entrepreneurs.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
And Mobile suppliers and banks constantly denying involvement in sim fraud.
Throw her ass in jail and take all assets etc.

SilverCode

So brazen

Do people like this really think they'll never be caught or do they just not care and instead live in the moment?
They probably figure that if nothing happens to Government Officials when they steal, nothing will likely happen if she steals. The bar for moral behaviour is set so low in this country, and championed by our own Government.

krycor

Honorary Master
They probably figure that if nothing happens to Government Officials when they steal, nothing will likely happen if she steals. The bar for moral behaviour is set so low in this country, and championed by our own Government.

It’s why I don’t see a future for this country regardless of whom leads it. The destruction of societal moral standards is not easily restored. It’s like maintenance.. for every 1yr of destruction you looking at 2-3yr reconstruction and that’s with political will.. which there is unlikely to be in SA (watch things unfold end of this year).

I’m guessing she is might not be the biggest one either.. just the one that got caught without any plausible reason. Like with government SoEs, there are a lot of procurement issues that happen.

gamer16

Honorary Master
It’s why I don’t see a future for this country regardless of whom leads it. The destruction of societal moral standards is not easily restored. It’s like maintenance.. for every 1yr of destruction you looking at 2-3yr reconstruction and that’s with political will.. which there is unlikely to be in SA (watch things unfold end of this year).

I’m guessing she is might not be the biggest one either.. just the one that got caught without any plausible reason. Like with government SoEs, there are a lot of procurement issues that happen.

I agree with you.

I feel the biggest contribution to society's decay is the outlawing of consequences and punishments. We need a smack for naughty children, a actual jail for criminals and a very long wall for executions of those worthy.

Dups!

Expert Member
So brazen

I think it is the latter.

Really shortsighted and dangerous in my opinion.

ActivateD

Expert Member
How she stole for all those years says to me that there may be bigger fish to fry and their controls and processes were flawed.

Secondly how you steal R1 million per month up to R23million and still not have enough.

Lindiswa

Expert Member
How she stole for all those years says to me that there may be bigger fish to fry and their controls and processes were flawed.

Secondly how you steal R1 million per month up to R23million and still not have enough.
maybe she became greedy!!