MultiChoice launches DStv Internet with MTN

defcomk

Didn't DSTV offer internet access via the their satellite service back in the day?

I distinctly remember it was some sort of add-on..
Was that with the thing that let you order food through dstv I remember browsing menus for chow

WAslayer

Executive Member
Lol the headline made me think, maybe they are finally offering a new streaming only service that would mean we could pay less to ditch the decoders.
That already exists and has for a while.. however, cost of decoder has never been part of the subscription cost, as can be seen from the costs of the streaming only packages:

Moby Grape

Honorary Master
Can you subscribe to their streaming service without buying their LTE internet and without paying for the current dish?

WAslayer

Executive Member
That already exists and has for a while.. however, cost of decoder has never been part of the subscription cost, as can be seen from the costs of the streaming only packages:

Can you subscribe to their streaming service without buying their LTE internet and without paying for the current dish?
Yes..^^^

chrisc

Executive Member
Didn't DSTV offer internet access via the their satellite service back in the day?

I distinctly remember it was some sort of add-on..

Yes, friend outside Clanwilliam had it. It was a bit slow and there was a lot of lag

martin

Expert Member
According to the Multichoice website - one of the advantages of this package over fibre - "you can move your router location easily within your home"
Call me crazy but I dream of a technology that will one day wirelessly propagate an internet signal inside of my home.

ab-user

Expert Member
Call me crazy but I dream of a technology that will one day wirelessly propagate an internet signal inside of my home.

Won’t it microwave your brains, leaving you susceptible to ‘DSTV internet’?

cavedog

Honorary Master
The sim only price for the 110GB and the 220GB packages are actually well priced. The issue is they forcing you to buy their routers you can't take the sim only. I wonder who handles the routing/network.