Musk is now the world's second richest man

eg2505

Honorary Master
or think of it another way, the most richest on Mars.

SilverCode

I wonder if Musk is conflicted about this. He has previously bemoaned having taken Tesla public because of the stress of trying to please shareholders, but on the other hand ... lots of money.

R13...

Honorary Master
I wonder if Musk is conflicted about this. He has previously bemoaned having taken Tesla public because of the stress of trying to please shareholders, but on the other hand ... lots of money.
He was just stressing that the share price might actually head a lot further down. Given the option, he'd take this position any day. And that was just a ploy. He had no money to go private.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Huh?

His wealth is tied to Tesla stock. He's the 2nd richest weeb for now only.

system32

Expert Member
Elon Reeve Musk FRS (/ˈiːlɒn/; born June 28, 1971 Pretoria)
28 February 2020, Finance Minister Tito Mboweni in this week’s Budget Speech announced that the exemption threshold on foreign employment income earned by South African taxpayers will be lifted from R1 million to R1.25 million.
Wonder if SARS will apply the “expat tax” to Elon Musk.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
I wish they'd go public with SpaceX - I'd throw money at them!

Me too:

R13...

Honorary Master
Huh?

His wealth is tied to Tesla stock. He's the 2nd richest weeb for now only.
Well all the other richest people also have their wealth tied to certain stock. It's not like he can just liquidate the lot and sit on a mountain of money. He'd end up a lot less wealthy if he did that but would probably still be rich enough to not want for anything.