Musk is now the world's second richest man

johnjm

Expert Member
Not sure what all the hate is about this guy. I really dig his give no **** attitude and just plain openness.

No filter on this guy, love it.

Iwojima

Expert Member
Not sure what all the hate is about this guy. I really dig his give no **** attitude and just plain openness.

Usual story. Someone who doesn't agree with the popular narrative and is outspoken about it will always take flack from others.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master

The problem is more that his words have weight, so when he says things that are wrong/in isolation without exploring the rest, it causes a lot of issues. E.g. his war on LIDAR is a bit exaggerated, since he stated he wouldn't even add it if it was free, which is a bad move imho, since it's more cost and drag that stop use of LIDAR right now, it has advantages that vision doesn't have (e.g. through objects) while having drawbacks that vision doesn't have (e.g. identify exactly what object it is), a mix of the two would probably be quite good if the cost was kept in check (which free would probably do).

His hatred of public transport is also stupid, over promising a lot of stuff that under delivers, the paedo attack etc.

johnjm

Expert Member
The problem is more that his words have weight, so when he says things that are wrong/in isolation without exploring the rest, it causes a lot of issues. E.g. his war on LIDAR is a bit exaggerated, since he stated he wouldn't even add it if it was free, which is a bad move imho, since it's more cost and drag that stop use of LIDAR right now, it has advantages that vision doesn't have (e.g. through objects) while having drawbacks that vision doesn't have (e.g. identify exactly what object it is), a mix of the two would probably be quite good if the cost was kept in check (which free would probably do).

His hatred of public transport is also stupid, over promising a lot of stuff that under delivers, the paedo attack etc.

wat

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Oh btw, we may have real-life catgirls in our lifetime according to Elon Musk.

“After Trump failed to make anime real, I knew I was realistically the only person who could potentially make this a reality,” Musk stated in a recent press release.

Although declining for a formal interview, Elon Musk did put out a prepared statement to the world media, simply stating “Get ready to **** some cats.”

Pegasus

Executive Member
I wonder if Musk is conflicted about this. He has previously bemoaned having taken Tesla public because of the stress of trying to please shareholders, but on the other hand ... lots of money.

He could have kept it private and then sold some of its shares to a listed vehicle creating a pyramid structure.
Something like Remgro.

Or he could have sold Tesla shares a a private equity company.