Musk manipulated Bitcoin's price for own benefit — Magda Wiezycka

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

Bitcoin’s volatility in recent months is partly a result of market manipulation by Tesla CEO Elon Musk to serve his interests.

This is the view of Sygnia founder and executive chairman, Magda Wierzycka who was commenting on the future of the cryptocurrency.

Speaking on The Money Show, Wierzycka said if Musk did to a listed company what he did to Bitcoin, he would be investigated and severely sanctioned by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Messugga

Honorary Master

Bitcoin’s volatility in recent months is partly a result of market manipulation by Tesla CEO Elon Musk to serve his interests.

This is the view of Sygnia founder and executive chairman, Magda Wierzycka who was commenting on the future of the cryptocurrency.

Speaking on The Money Show, Wierzycka said if Musk did to a listed company what he did to Bitcoin, he would be investigated and severely sanctioned by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

It's almost as if regulations on certain types of behaviour relating to the financial markets, are there to protect people from bad actors. But BTC is unregulated, so there you go. Live in the wild west, die in the wild west.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Don't economists and governments do this all the time though? Or are they keeping quiet and letting economies/currencies/minerals do their thing when it comes to their values?

zoozi

Musk is a dick, and loves attention.
Oh no, I'm shocked! Insecure bullied kid in school, belittled by father, has vicious determination to avenge him and the world to be richest billionaire in the world by posting "dank lit" twitter memes to garner more attention for his fragile ego and support enabling his financial manipulation to SEC for Tesla and now bitcoin, to make even more money.
This is a very crafty dude and I don't trust him. Remarkably intelligent business innovator though, highly respect the man, incredible what he's done, but he's not the friendly funny meme billionaire the musk stans make him out to be. Got a get a load of them who suck his nuts on Reddit 24/7 for Tesla and Bitcoin, now he's quickly becoming an outcast, once truth was revealed about bitcoin manipulation, shady Tesla workplace violations and cobalt coup story and calling the dive rescuer a pedophile because elons little submarine wouldn't fit in a 0.5m gap and his ego was bruised. :laugh:. People on the high-functioning aspergers/autism spectrum can have insane levels of work obsession and a degree of lack of empathy. Which explains all of this.

Last edited:

system32

Expert Member

Market Manipulation - very strong and serious accusations - with no evidence.
Lets keep to the facts:
Tesla bought $1.5b in BTC.
Tesla sold $200m to ensure liquidity.
Tesla still holds $1.3 billion in bitcoin - far more than the $200m that was sold.
MSM started complaining about the energy used to mine the cryptocurrency.
Tesla was forced to take a conservative approach (or be a hypocrite) and distance itself from BTC.
I think Tesla may still lose part of the $1.3b

BraBean

Honorary Master
This is the reason I don't do Bitcoin, but I have to ask, is this unlawful?......yet?

Messugga

Honorary Master
Says the person who bought a 100 bitcoin and then sold at a loss in a panic.
I'm sure the richest woman in South Africa is deeply hurt by that comment from you. She bows down to your superior wisdom regarding investments, I am sure.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Asset management companies can spot a trick as they doing it themselves all the time.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Market Manipulation - very strong and serious accusations - with no evidence.
Lets keep to the facts:
Tesla bought $1.5b in BTC.
Tesla sold $200m to ensure liquidity.
Tesla still holds $1.3 billion in bitcoin - far more than the $200m that was sold.
MSM started complaining about the energy used to mine the cryptocurrency.
Tesla was forced to take a conservative approach (or be a hypocrite) and distance itself from BTC.
I think Tesla may still lose part of the $1.3b

Except it's not a serious accusation at all, because whether he did manipulate the BTC market or not, it is perfectly legal as it's unregulated.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
How much money did you lose?
Nope.. still on the win dude! Made a crap load.. and still.

Omg.. you guys need to follow it.

He made his name poop..

Follow the Cryptos and understand.. Musk is 'n poephol in Crypto space.

“Reminder: Elon Musk is and always will be a self-absorbed grifter,” he pointedly said, before adding “removing this in 1 min as that’s all I have to say and I enjoy the quiet life.”

The Australian wasn’t done there, though. He then took one final swipe at the self-appointed ‘Dogefather’ over last week’s hosting debut of Saturday Night Live.

“ps. SNL episode was cringe, bro,” he snapped.

Last edited:

konfab

Honorary Master
It's almost as if regulations on certain types of behaviour relating to the financial markets, are there to protect people from bad actors. But BTC is unregulated, so there you go. Live in the wild west, die in the wild west.
Why are those people allowed to vote then if they so stupid that they need protection from "bad actors"?