MWEB cancels my Uncapped 4MB Account with NO Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpu.

Executive Member
it is bypassing in the sense that, ie you will have Downstorm download a file from some1 like Rapidshare/Megaupload/Hotfile, then giving you access to that file and be able to download at a higher rate than you would normally be allowed.

so take ie some1 goes and has Downstorm download several hundred gigs of files and now you want to download it... your line will be active for quite some time and because you are using DS, it will be running at closer to full speed than normally allowed.

this then causes you to take effect of a higher speed than what you would have normally downloaded, meaning you will be putting more 'strain' on their servers than usual.

but I think they have started to throttled Downstorm as well, but I could be mistaken.

Yes, you are downloading it faster than you would've if it was a torrent etc. But the bit that happened on the Downstorm side have nothing to do with ISPs.

"it will be running at closer to full speed than normally allowed"
There is no "normally". It is an http download and never was anything else (as far as ISP/IS/Seacom/Mweb is concerned).

Bypassing shaping is a direct action. In other words, as you download you take actions to prevent/circumvent shaping. Downloading http is not bypassing torrent shaping.

RPG_Fan

600GB is a heck of a lot but hardly think its abuse when used within the normal parameters. If you pay for a 4meg line, should you not expect that speed 24/7 all the time? Or should we be settling for a product that performs 60% of it's full capability?

fbman

Hmm

maybe its something that one of these "free" users did... like hacking etc and mweb picked it up....

Kosmik

Honorary Master
kosmik on average how much do you download a month from mweb and how long have you had an account with them?

Sorry shizies but I don't disclose my usage :D I have however been with mweb for close on a year now and I was with a prior uncapped solution before they led to the downward price trend. The other account could do a lot more than the mweb account but cost double the current rate. As I wasn't hitting anywhere near that maximum and could appreaciate faster speeds during the day when I didn't need to download anything, mweb became a cost efficent choice for me.

TBH I don't reall track my usage as I can do everything I want with the account. If you want hard usage stats check out the Mweb feedback thread , a couplee guys post their stats. On avg heavy users who don't bypass shaping can do anything from 300-500Gb if pushed. Once you've had a uncapped account for a while, you'll realise that the net is not going to run away and start to really enjoy the freedom of uncapped. I love Steam. I've bought more games from them than anywhere else and when I'm done with a game, pop delete. Why waste your own space when you can just download it again.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
600GB is a heck of a lot but hardly think its abuse when used within the normal parameters. If you pay for a 4meg line, should you not expect that speed 24/7 all the time? Or should we be settling for a product that performs 60% of it's full capability?

You settle for the product you pay for ie: you buy a shaped line expect shaping.

delta66

600gig/month is insane, by anyone's standards especially if that's what you're doing consistently every month. there's more to life than downloading the entire interwebz...@least i think there is..lol

Stevie G

Banned
dude, the guy has license to download anything as the product is uncapped. if you buy a pc, you going to overclock it to its limits. if mweb cannot stand by its product of being uncapped then they need to either state clearly a bw limit or not offer uncapped products.

they always say, if you cannot take the heat then you must get out of the kitchen.

just my 2c

F

Fudzy

dude, the guy has license to download anything as the product is uncapped. if you buy a pc, you going to overclock it to its limits. if mweb cannot stand by its product of being uncapped then they need to either state clearly a bw limit or not offer uncapped products.

they always say, if you cannot take the heat then you must get out of the kitchen.

just my 2c

Well if you want to use that analogy then imagine trying to use that PC when there are lots of wierdo strangers all trying to access it at the same time.

Hilarious thread guys, Mweb, thanks for getting rid of the freeloader.

Stevie G

Banned
then don't advertise an uncapped product if you cannot sustain it. why can't mweb not have caps for people with different needs. have caps of 5,10,30,50,100,200,500,1TB with an appropriate pricing strategy. those people that rapes mweb will have to pay heavily for those capes. it will make it so much easier for everyone paying what you pocket can afford when you don't actually need uncap with our limited infrastructue.

i rest my case

adambarta

Unless I got this all wrong, this fella in probability deserves hits fate. I haven't read FUP's cover to cover, but this description kinda fits the bill.

Adam joined MyBB today to start this thread and vent his discord at MWEB. Somehow it would have felt a bit better if he'd been in the forums a while longer. But this is his intro. Regretfully it doesn't set a good tone to start. :(

I actually tired to delete my account cus i find this forum kinda lame and i can't figure out how to do it

stroebs

Expert Member
I actually tired to delete my account cus i find this forum kinda lame and i can't figure out how to do it

You're the lame one here :) Bye Bye :)
Please take your complaints directly to Mweb instead of posting a topic about it.

adambarta

lol. I did 750Gb last month on my Axxess Express+ account.

You guys that are claiming the end of the world for anyone who uses more than 3Gb (or whatever your little caps are) need to catch a wake up. Go look in the rest of the world, 50Mb and now 100Mbps lines are available to users for a fraction of what we pay for our 4Mb lines.

In Canada they were imposing caps, but the people rejected it and the caps got removed. I really wish that the majority of South Africans weren't morons who still believe that downloading anything is bad karma.

I like you guy! at least you are not like the rest ofthe "GRAND MASTER" users on this forum that are only grand masters cus they post on every thread not cus they actually know whats going on...
any of them read the F'd Up Policies... i doubt it any of them know what the legal jargon means i doubt it..

Interwebs revolution~~~ YAARRRRRR

adambarta

Please take your complaints directly to Mweb instead of posting a topic about it.

you buddy from kazakstan with gay unl33t handle. get off a south african forum about south african problems!!!

adambarta

dude seriously the whole reason of posting on this forum is to get this kinda response! but whatever! i'm glad i bought it to some of your attention that you can actually download a Terabyte in a month if you know what you are doing..

i did complain to mweb but they are greedy cowards! so ha

were are the good old days of guys like Hellkom.co.za! we need people with more cowbell

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
SO toddle off then and get the account he has ... at roughly double the Mweb account cost :rolleyes:

Like someone said earlier, the internet is not going anywhere and secondly, Mweb don't have as much a problem with how much you download but in you bypassing their protocols and sharing it willy nilly.

Bye ...... chop

Status
Not open for further replies.