Mweb Customer Service - What’s Happened?

AdriJ

I have been a loyal customer at Mweb for many years. Recently upgraded my fibre service - it appears that is easy to do and even easier for mweb to charge for.
Getting what I am paying for - not so much!
Anyone else having huge issues trying to get hold of mweb to get issues sorted? Currently getting half the service I am paying for.
Tried phone contact - tried their online service - tried Instagram messages, tried emailing- no joy! If I look on the web - it seems many mweb customers are having the same issues.
Don’t they want our business anymore?
Is there a ruling authority or organization that regulates the industry I can contact to register a complaint?
Seriously unimpressed.
On that note - any other service provided you can recommend? I am definitely going to move but would appreciate recommendations.

"D"

Expert Member
Mweb Customer Service - What’s Happened?
Nothing. Nothing at all.
On that note - any other service provided you can recommend? I am definitely going to move but would appreciate recommendations.
How can you or anyone move a Fibre line subscription if you or they cannot get a cancellation processed? Mweb has spun its web well - it borders on entrapment.

Note: If you eventually manage to switch over there will be a few (or likely many) days without connectivity, but what can be done in the end? Perhaps there is hope still - who knows?

AdriJ

Just an update.
Two weeks now - Not a single word of feedback or response from Mweb yet regarding the fact that they are charging me for an upgrade, but not providing the service.
I have phoned - done several online queries, even posted on Instagram - nothing nothing nothing, not a phone call, not a mail, nothing.
So I will definitely be moving my fibre business elsewhere.
Take note anyone looking at going into any contract details with Mweb - I would strongly recommend you stay well away from them.

8mad

Just an update.
Two weeks now - Not a single word of feedback or response from Mweb yet regarding the fact that they are charging me for an upgrade, but not providing the service.
I have phoned - done several online queries, even posted on Instagram - nothing nothing nothing, not a phone call, not a mail, nothing.
So I will definitely be moving my fibre business elsewhere.
Take note anyone looking at going into any contract details with Mweb - I would strongly recommend you stay well away from them.
Same here. I got a response to an online query submission 11 days later with no real help, only for the query to be solved and no means for me to reply... I guess this means that I need to create a new ticket then :mad:

BCR

Expert Member
I have been a loyal customer at Mweb for many years.

A few months ago I was considering MWEB as an option, after I cancelled my Telkom LTE via Afrihost, because the pricing on some packages for what I wanted to switch to - MTN LTE - was marginally bettter on MWEB vs. Afrihost.

Thank goodness I didn't, based on your thread, and the excellent service & feedback people get on this forum from Afrihost reps. (these days, particularly @AfriNatic ).

I highly recommend Afrihost to you, even though some others complain about them, or aspects of their network, at times. I'd rather experience the odd issue, and have excellent feedback available when needed, than be with an ISP with no presence & not a care in the world about customers' problems.

The only thing I'd warn you of is to avoid getting fibre through an ISP using Frogfoot if you're in the part of the world I'm in - not through personal experience, but as a result of ongoing issues in this thread :

I wish you (and the other poster so far) in this thread, all the luck in getting away from MWEB.
Don't know how you'll do it if they're totally uncommunicative, but maybe if you live near enough to their offices, or a satellite office, you should pay them a visit to air your grievances ... and process the cancellation.

SuperHero Sarah

Company Representative
Company Rep
Good Morning
You should consider RSAweb, we offer excellent customer service, we have a 4.4 google rating. Our home fibre (FTTH) service offers you high-speed internet at a low cost. We are also running a special right now were we offer a free UPS with certain packages.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Sarah

ProfA

Honorary Master
Good Morning
You should consider RSAweb, we offer excellent customer service, we have a 4.4 google rating. Our home fibre (FTTH) service offers you high-speed internet at a low cost. We are also running a special right now were we offer a free UPS with certain packages.

Sarah
tried you guys many years ago. service was horrid to the point where i cancelled during the application process. then you sharks tried to bill me for the "cancellation fee". good thing im the type that doesn't scare easily and told you where to get off.

SuperHero Sarah

Company Representative
Company Rep
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a horrible experience with us. As you have stated this was many years ago and we have since improved our services and we do not charge our customers any fees until you are installed with Fibre.

AdriJ

Same here. I got a response to an online query submission 11 days later with no real help, only for the query to be solved and no means for me to reply... I guess this means that I need to create a new ticket then :mad:
Super frustrating hey!
Just some advice for you - Rather contact the ISPA and request a mediation - I contacted them and they got back to me the next day asking for more info. So ISPA is definitely interested in assisting. Maybe if more of us go this route, Mweb will wake up and respond. It is now ELEVEN DAYS after my initial query - not a word back from Mweb as yet .....

AdriJ

Nothing, they've always been like that.
Actually - I do not agree - as mentioned I had been a happy Mweb customer for many years - it is only in the last 2 years that their service has started slipping - at least last year you could still get hold of a human and get a problem fixed - now, you cannot even get through on the help line.

AdriJ

Good Morning

Sarah
Thank you Sarah - please send me your contact details so that I can find out more above your offer.

AdriJ

A few months ago I was considering MWEB as an option, after I cancelled my Telkom LTE via Afrihost, because the pricing on some packages for what I wanted to switch to - MTN LTE - was marginally bettter on MWEB vs. Afrihost.

Thank goodness I didn't, based on your thread, and the excellent service & feedback people get on this forum from Afrihost reps. (these days, particularly @AfriNatic ).

I highly recommend Afrihost to you, even though some others complain about them, or aspects of their network, at times. I'd rather experience the odd issue, and have excellent feedback available when needed, than be with an ISP with no presence & not a care in the world about customers' problems.

The only thing I'd warn you of is to avoid getting fibre through an ISP using Frogfoot if you're in the part of the world I'm in - not through personal experience, but as a result of ongoing issues in this thread :

I wish you (and the other poster so far) in this thread, all the luck in getting away from MWEB.
Don't know how you'll do it if they're totally uncommunicative, but maybe if you live near enough to their offices, or a satellite office, you should pay them a visit to air your grievances ... and process the cancellation.
Thanks for the feedback - yip no luck yet via the usual channels, but glad my info could help you!
@AfriNatic - care to make contact with me to see what you/Afrihost can offer? Thanks!

ebvenyera

Good day

How do I cancel my Mweb fibre contract? If I call the call centre, they promise to send me a One Time Pin to my phone which never arrives.