MWEB fibre deal advertising misleading – ASA

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
MWEB fibre deal advertising misleading – ASA

The Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa (ASA) has ruled that MWEB’s 200Mbps fibre advertising is misleading and ordered the ISP to withdraw it with immediate effect.

MWEB’s “200GB Data + 200Mbps” advertisement promised users a free router, free installation, and free connection.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
If memory serves correctly, this is not the 1st time they've tried to deceive the consumer with false advertising.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
I have been a MWEB customer for years. Many times, I read that they were treating their customers badly and all kinds of bad mouthing! I never had any of this during the time I made use of their service!

What is interesting is that I was reading about Afrihost and I found that they had a very bad reputation in the past, but no one ever talks about it! (I know they are not under discussion)

Daruk

Honorary Master
What is interesting is that I was reading about Afrihost and I found that they had a very bad reputation in the past, but no one ever talks about it! (I know they are not under discussion)
Are you new or illiterate?

Daruk

Honorary Master
I have been a MWEB customer for years. Many times, I read that they were treating their customers badly and all kinds of bad mouthing! I never had any of this during the time I made use of their service!
Off topic

marlin178

Expert Member

Are you joking?
There's like a daily rant about Afrihost here..