Mweb fibre issues watching twitch streams.

BlaineKapp

I have always had issues ever since getting fibre where I cant watch twitch streams above 480p. I have a 100/100 line with the fibre company being Link Africa and the isp being Mweb anyone know of a way to fix it because the call center always like to think if Netflix is working then I have no actual issues.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Download WinMTR and then run a test to video-edge-c67b48.lhr03.abs.hls.ttvnw.net let it run for say 50 sent.

MWEBHelp

MWEB Representative
Company Rep
Good day BlaineKapp, send me a private message with your MWEB details please.

system32

Expert Member
I have always had issues ever since getting fibre where I cant watch twitch streams above 480p. I have a 100/100 line with the fibre company being Link Africa and the isp being Mweb anyone know of a way to fix it because the call center always like to think if Netflix is working then I have no actual issues.
Is the problem all the time?
It may be a "congestion" problem during peak ~18h00 and ~22h00.

BlaineKapp

Is the problem all the time?
It may be a "congestion" problem during peak ~18h00 and ~22h00.
It is all the time I have never been able to watch twitch higher than 480p but if I use a vpn or another network it would work 100% fine

JimboJambo

I know of a couple people that after installing the BTTV extension on their chrome browser improved their twitch viewing experience in terms of buffering. Give it a try...

BlaineKapp

I know of a couple people that after installing the BTTV extension on their chrome browser improved their twitch viewing experience in terms of buffering. Give it a try...
I have used bttv for a while now....I had a better experience on my adsl line with twitch thats how bad it is