Mweb Fibre or Rain?

Dave McC

Hi all.
Hoping to get some advice on my dilemma.
I have been testing Rain the past few days with no issues. I already have MWeb fibre with no issues. Which should I go with?
Any info or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi. I was having issues with IPTV buffering and was advised it was the fibre, so I installed Rain but it turns out it was my playlist provider. I have changed providers and my IPTV is working perfectly on both my fibre and Rain. I don't want to pay for both because of the expense.

Hi all.
I have been testing Rain the past few days with no issues. I already have MWeb fibre with no issues. Which should I go with?

Both have been known to do shaping of traffic.

I'd stay with fibre since when loadshedding comes back you more likely to have a better experience with fibre than dealing with cell towers being congested or going down. I would not use Mweb as an ISP but if its working and you having no problems no need to change i suppose

Reactions: rh1
Both have been known to do shaping of traffic.

I'd stay with fibre since when loadshedding comes back you more likely to have a better experience with fibre than dealing with cell towers being congested or going down. I would not use Mweb as an ISP but if its working and you having no problems no need to change i suppose
Hi. Awesome, good point. Thanks so much for your advice.

Hi. I was having issues with IPTV buffering and was advised it was the fibre, so I installed Rain but it turns out it was my playlist provider. I have changed providers and my IPTV is working perfectly on both my fibre and Rain. I don't want to pay for both because of the expense.
could you DM me who you using for IPtv, mine buffers constantly and am tired of watching spinning circles.

Hi Cobusv,
I have been trying various apps, playlists and fibre.
Currently using Smarters Pro app, SouthafricaIPTV playlist, and Mweb 100mbps.
Still buffers mostly from about 6pm and when there are popular sports on. You can call me if you want xxx xxx xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: rh1
Hi all.
My situation was much the same as yours. I was on Vodacom Uncap plan and yes it work well BUT I had many days specially on weekends where I just did not get any speed. I am with MetroFibre now and not only am I paying less it is true Uncap. I get my full speeds day and night and can't complain.

It is up to you but Fibre was the winner for me.

My situation was much the same as yours. I was on Vodacom Uncap plan and yes it work well BUT I had many days specially on weekends where I just did not get any speed. I am with MetroFibre now and not only am I paying less it is true Uncap. I get my full speeds day and night and can't complain.

It is up to you but Fibre was the winner for me.
Hi. Thanks so much for your insight. In my area we only have Mweb and Telekom fibre. I am testing Rain this weekend and will then have to choose between the two.

Hi. Thanks so much for your insight. In my area we only have Mweb and Telekom fibre. I am testing Rain this weekend and will then have to choose between the two.

Mweb doesnt provide physical fibre, they are only a ISP.

By "Telekom fibre" i assume you mean Openserve, you can use any ISP with that infrastructure.

Mweb and Telkom fibre means nothing. None of them are FNOs. Meaning they didnt lay the fibre.

That means you have a plethora of ISPs to choose from with different pricing.

Hi Cobusv,
I have been trying various apps, playlists and fibre.
Currently using Smarters Pro app, SouthafricaIPTV playlist, and Mweb 100mbps.
Still buffers mostly from about 6pm and when there are popular sports on. You can call me if you want xxx xxx xxxx
Hi MultiChoice - I'm making use of pirate streams. I can be reached @ xxx xxx xxx. Please litigate for damages, as you have done with so many before me.

Thanks,
Dave McC

Hi MultiChoice - I'm making use of pirate streams. I can be reached @ xxx xxx xxx. Please litigate for damages, as you have done with so many before me.

Thanks,
Dave McC
Dear Dave McC[loud|leary|...]. You are aware that MyBB can be subpoenad for your IP address(es). For your sake, lets hope you've always been using a VPN service without any form of logging....

Back