Mweb Fibre (via vumatel) constant disconnections

Sticky_Fingers

Hello Folks

I have been having issues with my Fibre for about 6 ++ months. I did try to communicate with Mweb about this issue but its so expensive to call them and the support has been meagre. I tried the things the support person from Mweb asked and I even tried using CMD prompt to ping my router and ping google (on 8.8.8.8). The whole router and connection resets which is strange because the router seems to be functioning correctly. This issue only happens when I increase my usage on the line. Just a note as well, cause of the Covid crisis I was focusing on keeping myself above water rather then constantly querying Mweb.

As for the usage, I have been using it mildly for the most part as I do business from home so the disconnections were inconvenient but not something that would break the bank. It has become more and more of a problem over time though. Any time I have been trying to watch Netflix, play online video games, and do discord conferences/discord calls, it disconnects. There seems to be a direct correlation to this.

I had a friend tell me that its possible that the ISP is doing some sneaky shaping or anti-torrent tactics but since I have fibre and I really don't download much or torrent (scouts honor) its strange that they would be doing this to me.

ITs reaching the point where I cant really use this line anymore and I am going to probably move from MWEB (and vumatel) and make sure to tell everyone about my terrible experience. I am hoping someone on the forum has some insight and can maybe save me.

Thanks for reading and sorry if I said something out of place.

Nikkel

Expert Member
Try a new ISP.
Vumatel is a FNO, they don't shape lines

Sticky_Fingers

Try a new ISP.
Vumatel is a FNO, they don't shape lines
Suggestions are welcome but I thought maybe someone here would know someone at mweb or vumatel who can help actually and not a tech agent who will give me the run around.

Nikkel

Expert Member
Some food for thought...

Sticky_Fingers

Some food for thought...

Wow, this actually doesn't sound too far from my experiences with them. I do really wanna get in contact with someone though.