MWEB - Horrible Service, Stay Away

tp3to

I am absolutely fed up with the horrible service I am receiving from mweb.

I've always been an advocate for them as an ISP, but I will never recommend them to anyone ever again.

Fibre has been installed for a week now and I'm still struggling just to get my credentials from mweb to set up my router and start using their service.

So far I have:

• Been on hold for 6 hours+in total from last week till now
  • Been sent from department to department only having to be on hold again for an hour.
  • Have a call dropped on me
  • Have an agent refused to help me
  • Received an excuse that Metro fibre haven't provided the installation certificate, although I have confirmed with Metro Fibre that they gave it already to mweb.
Worst is, I can't just cancel and go with another ISP because you are holding the line hostage.

For any persons coming to this thread looking for a good ISP, dont choose MWEB!

@MWEBHelp

Edit: was finally get a hold of someone today who wanted to assist, can happily say that there is some progress with the installation now. There was a delay on the complete installation that caused the hold up with the username and password generation.

Will update this thread once this whole thing is done and dusted

Last edited:

SHL

I've always been an advocate for them as an ISP, but I will never recommend them to anyone ever again.

Fibre has been installed for a week now and I'm still struggling just to get my credentials from mweb to set up my router and start using their service.

So far I have:

• Been sent from department to department only having to be on hold again for an hour.
  • Received an excuse that Metro fibre haven't provided the installation certificate, although I have confirmed with Metro Fibre that they gave it already to mweb.
Worst is, I can't just cancel and go with another ISP because you are holding the line hostage.

@MWEBHelp
I've experienced the complete opposite with MWEB. Applied first week May for fibre line. Three days later I received the router and the Open Serve technicians arrived later that same day. Was up and running within 24 hours of line installation and router setup/configuration.
For any persons coming to this thread looking for a good ISP, choose MWEB!

djtzar

So far I have:

@MWEBHelp

Edit: was finally get a hold of someone today who wanted to assist, can happily say that there is some progress with the installation now. There was a delay on the complete installation that caused the hold up with the username and password generation.

Will update this thread once this whole thing is done and dusted
Morning

I have pretty much had the exact same experience...... if this is how things are starting out I don;t have much hope MWEBHelp

My neighbor (who is literally in the townhouse right next to me) was installed and up and running in less than 2 days , and he applied AFTER I did ......

So it's a hit and miss it seems ... would like to see more comments around installation.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Move. Maybe the other service providers are willing to sort it out.

djtzar

Move. Maybe the other service providers are willing to sort it out.
That's the problem now , can't move until the "service" is activated and was told this is an automated system they can't manually cancel or expedite. ALSO even though it's a month to month you will pay penalties if you cancel within the first 6 months , very sneaky.....

I Also noticed now the 100/40 package has now changed to 100/20 ??? @MWEBHelp I specifically signed up for the 100/40 deal as I need the upload speed as I'm working full time from home. I hope you honor the speeds that I originally signed up for.

gbotes

I will be looking for an ISP from August. I was thinking of going with MWEB. I'm curious as to whether this matter was resolved?

Josh B

With all the complaints I read about Mweb on all the various customer forums, including Hellopeter, I have decided to rather go with Afrihost as my ISP on Vumatel. My installation was completed in 3 working days, this includes the physical fibre installation. Everything was done fast, efficient and very professional.

L-Dog

Fed up with performance from cool ideas and open-serve so want to move to frogfoot. Cheapest option seems to be Mweb or Rocketweb but after reading this I am lost

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Fed up with performance from cool ideas and open-serve so want to move to frogfoot. Cheapest option seems to be Mweb or Rocketweb but after reading this I am lost
Can I assist with anything?

L-Dog

@PBCool been having the same issue for months. Support can't seem to fix it. Might be openserve might be cool ideas all I know is I need to change.

fxapie

It is now 20 days since I have ordered Fibre from MWEB/Frogfoot. Fibre was installed but not connected and now it is impossible to get anything done by MWEB to get the installation completed. I do not receive any feedback at all.

I have managed to speak to someone at MWEB on two occasions who said they would escalate the problem but nothing happens.

In each of the above two instances it took more than an hour on the telephone, holding and being passed around before I could speak to their so called Sales Performance department.

After agreeing to the service from MWEB and not getting joy I had a look at HelloPeter.com and was surprised to see probably 90% of items logged for MWEB were from people dissatisfied with their service, or rather lack thereof!

My advice: use MWEB at your peril. Have a look for MWEB issues logged at HelloPeter.com and you will see hardly anyone who has anything good to say about them.

I am now seriously looking for an alternative provider as I had enough of non-service from MWEB.

Devinity

Thank you for that feedback.
I've just transitioned to Fibre this month and picked Mweb as my ISP. Oh boy, what a disappointment. The line speed is terrible. If you want to complain then you have to phone them. I hate phoning as it's a waste of time. I like to be able to message them online on social media or an online app. According to Mweb's Facebook person, it takes a few days for them to respond to queries. Like seriously!!!

I'm really missing Telkom and my better ADSL speed. I've never had an issue with Telkom except last month when I had no internet for 6 days and I needed to work. I am regretting moving to Fibre right now.

On the plus, within 2 days of applying for Fibre, it was installed and Mweb delivered the router before installation was completed.