MWEB pokes fun at Telkom in new ad

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
MWEB pokes fun at Telkom in new ad

MWEB has launched its new fibre-to-the-home advertising campaign this month, taking aim at Telkom’s landline services.

The advertisement features former Springbok coach and SuperSport personality Nick Mallett encouraging a landline user to switch to fibre.

Thor

Honorary Master
Funny, but the reality is that no fiber provider in SA have the infrastructure to do what Telkom does, to connect people.

Cray

Honorary Master
The first advert is annoying..

The second one is very clever in its poke at Telkom, but in general MWEB are not much better in my opinion.
Didn't see the second one at first, brilliant :laugh:

km2

Expert Member
It's the 90's calling they want their "it's XX calling they want their YY back" joke back.

Got to give it to Telkom for having some of the most memorable hold music. I don't know if that's what one should aim for when choosing hold music but for me it's still instantly recognisable.

genetic

Honorary Master
Funny, but the reality is that no fiber provider in SA have the infrastructure to do what Telkom does, to connect people.
This.

MWEB poking fun at a Telkom landline, and asking customers to replace it with another Telkom landline (even if it's fibre) :p

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Got to give it to Telkom for having some of the most memorable hold music. I don't know if that's what one should aim for when choosing hold music but for me it's still instantly recognisable.
Do doo do do...

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Thanks, do you know what the hold music they had after that was? It was this much more upbeat high-tempo song but I haven't found it when I've looked.
The current one? I don't know, I'm also looking for it. Shazam didn't recognize it.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Hold on, MWeb, aren't they part of the same group as Monochoice? The people who are panicking about streaming providers?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Hold on, MWeb, aren't they part of the same group as Monochoice? The people who are panicking about streaming providers?
Acquired by Internet Solutions. Something is up here, in any case, something degraded and nobody is speaking up.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I invite MWEB to install fibre in my hood. They have been invited for some time now. *cough*