My bitcoin was stolen from my luno account! Luno is not safe .

John Tempus

Expert Member
I am not sure, but I a dont think you can do sending of BTC or withdrawals to your bank via API
He is asking about using the luno API to send his BTC without logging in.

I would suggest he read up on the API and understand it. If he doesn't understand that, no one is going to magically explain to him how to use the API.

thehuman

Expert Member

I would suggest he read up on the API and understand it. If he doesn't understand that, no one is going to magically explain to him how to use the API.
He need to be careful, with the api his account can be emptied without login in

Swa

Honorary Master

I think he wants to withdraw money from his Luno account. Don't think that's possible and he has to set beneficiaries first in any case.

Alexobus12

Bro the issue is that my Luno account was blocked and I don't have want they are asking for to open back my account.... I ve R12760 in my Luno account. Is it possible to send the money to another wallet by another means

John Tempus

Expert Member
Bro the issue is that my Luno account was blocked and I don't have want they are asking for to open back my account.... I ve R12760 in my Luno account. Is it possible to send the money to another wallet by another means
Not possible if you are unable to login to it. You need to get your account unlocked by contacting Luno.

That is R12760 which can buy at least something decent, I find it strange that you are unwilling to go through the process of getting your account unlocked though.

Alexobus12

Not possible if you are unable to login to it. You need to get your account unlocked by contacting Luno.

That is R12760 which can buy at least something decent, I find it strange that you are unwilling to go through the process of getting your account unlocked though.
Bro have contacted Luno but what they are asking for is not possible for me to get. I can still login to my Luno account but can't withdraw or send the money out of it

saor

Honorary Master
Bro have contacted Luno but what they are asking for is not possible for me to get. I can still login to my Luno account but can't withdraw or send the money out of it
What info are they requesting that you can't get?

Swa

Honorary Master
I don't see why you can't unlock your account. If you can prove your identity they're able to do it. Unless you tried to avoid KYC.

John Tempus

Expert Member
I don't see why you can't unlock your account. If you can prove your identity they're able to do it. Unless you tried to avoid KYC.
Aaah. He prob never did KYC beyond phone number thus he got blocked from withdrawing more than the lifetime limit of R15000 I think if you only do phone verification.

Now the reason that he can't provide them with KYC info is the interesting part, assuming that is the reason. Did he register under some random name which would mean to KYC he needs to tell them he registered under a name that is not his real name. Questions... Questions...

OCP

Expert Member
Trying to withdraw blackmail payout? ;-)

thehuman

Expert Member
The API is a key that you request which functions the same as a login so it can be used to do automated transactions.
If setup incorrectly could be used to drain your wallet without logging in

thehuman

Expert Member
Aaah. He prob never did KYC beyond phone number thus he got blocked from withdrawing more than the lifetime limit of R15000 I think if you only do phone verification.

Now the reason that he can't provide them with KYC info is the interesting part, assuming that is the reason. Did he register under some random name which would mean to KYC he needs to tell them he registered under a name that is not his real name. Questions... Questions...
Sudden silence from this guy

Swa

Honorary Master
If setup incorrectly could be used to drain your wallet without logging in
It depends on the purpose what permissions it has. You could set it to only read. If you use trading bots you would need buy and sell permission. Arbitrage across exchanges you have to be able to send. So more a matter of knowing what it's set as and treating it like any other login.