My Experience - Telkom - HOMEunlimited

KrazyKid

Last week Telkom launched their latest uncapped offering for ADSL & Fibre - HOMEunlimited.

I am starting this tread to share experiences on service quality, application process, hardships and specifics about this service only - PLEASE DON"T POST about other topics!

moedawood

im on the 4Mbps uncapped promo. Streaming and downloading is awesome! Will wait for the migration end of the month

MickeyD

RIP
Thread stays as it is a valid and topical subject. If you don't like it then scroll along.

KrazyKid

Thread stays as it is a valid and topical subject. If you don't like it then scroll along.

Well unfortunately due to arrogant members I will not be adding any more information with regard to this topic. Seems they got more time to criticize, then trying to provide insights and knowledge to members!

MickeyD

RIP
Well unfortunately due to arrogant members I will not be adding any more information with regard to this topic. Seems they got more time to criticize, then trying to provide insights and knowledge to members!
Chill out and ignore them. Let the mods deal with trolling and derailments.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
It would be nice if someone can confirm “line rental” includes the analog line rental itself and it’s an all inclusive package.

MyBB seems to have missed that detail with their article and if my understanding is that the price is the final price then it’s an even better deal.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
It would be nice if someone can confirm “line rental” includes the analog line rental itself and it’s an all inclusive package.

MyBB seems to have missed that detail with their article and if my understanding is that the price is the final price then it’s an even better deal.

Up to 10Mbps ADSL
Landline Rental included
Telkom Uncapped Internet

Check the Telkom site.

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Up to 10Mbps ADSL
Landline Rental included
Telkom Uncapped Internet

Yup that’s exactly the way I read it as well but Telkom’s website still being **** never quite trust the bastards.

And for some reason the 20MB VDSL option is just missing.

Any idea what router is included in the contract?

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Yup that’s exactly the way I read it as well but Telkom’s website still being **** never quite trust the bastards.

And for some reason the 20MB VDSL option is just missing.

Any idea what router is included in the contract?
Probably one of the two listed on the site, Aztech or D-Link.

But irrelevant really because when it comes to connectivity you shouldn't sign a contract.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

But irrelevant really because when it comes to connectivity you shouldn't sign a contract.

I’m going to be using it for two years regardless. So it’s much of muchness.

If the hardware is any good.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master

And in a couple of months you can get fibre or data for much less, you'll then be stuck in a contract because you wanted a free Telkom branded modem?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
And in a couple of months you can get fibre or data for much less, you'll then be stuck in a contract because you wanted a free Telkom branded modem?

Yeah like I said it would need to be worth it.

I’m ****ed for Fibre and if I’m happy with the data cost now I can live with it for two years.

But sure not doing a contract would be preferred.

Just leaving things as they are also remains an open option.

buyeye

Executive Member

Chill out and ignore them. Let the mods deal with trolling and derailments.

Some of us are here to be entertained. Now what entertainment did I miss?

If it is the grammar nazi joke then I am not entertained, not entertained.

MickeyD

RIP
Some of us are here to be entertained. Now what entertainment did I miss?

If it is the grammar nazi joke then I am not entertained, not entertained.
Folks were requesting that this be merged with the existing monster TI thread, etc.

isie

Honorary Master
Folks were requesting that this be merged with the existing monster TI thread, etc.

I wasn't trolling (though i admit it will give me some sick satisfaction :whistling: ) - I stand by my request, since those of us on the Normal uncapped packages will be moved to this package inevitably