My Family is a Total Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
Congratulations on deciding to remain a 4 member family, it sounds like you've got what others strive for in a loving home, they're your responsibity and they come first.

How much are we talking with your cousin's studies? R10k, R20k?

Apart from her and keeping in touch with your mom try not to take on other people's burden.
Thank you.

I'm actually not 100% sure how much it will cost. She wants to become a teacher. She looks up to my mother a lot and my mother was a teacher for 40 years.

I told her to go and do research and I'm still waiting on her to tell me exactly where she's going to study.

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
That is some hectic kak. Hope it works out though.
Tell your cousin to apply for NSFAS or study through Unisa. Your mother and maybe the nephew are the most important. If you can help the kid and give him some guidance, it might solve some problems down the line.
He's a bright kid (10 this year). Extremely bright and a top achiever.

My sister thinks that he might not realise his full potential living in that toxic environment with my brother and father. The same age as my youngest and they both are aspiring to become doctors, and that was the only reason why I entertained the thought of having him coming to live with us because then they can one day study together. His father's parents are paying for his schooling so I don't have to worry about that. However, I can't bank on that because 7 years from now my sister's in-laws might have a change of heart, in which case I'll be left with two university bills to pay. And that was one of my wife's main apprehensions. So we chatted and agreed that he cannot come live with us.

My mom, I'll support from a distance. I don't want to go to PE, I have too much stress when I go to my parental home.

maumau

Honorary Master
Your wife sounds like an amazing lady. She and your daughters are first priority, obviously followed by your mom.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Thank you.

I'm actually not 100% sure how much it will cost. She wants to become a teacher. She looks up to my mother a lot and my mother was a teacher for 40 years.

I told her to go and do research and I'm still waiting on her to tell me exactly where she's going to study.

Tell her to register at Unisa and then apply for NSFAS. They're financing almost all female applicants now.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
But it does not mean that you have to allow people to walk over you and abuse you. Do love them, but have boundaries set.
They don’t have to. But many do.
In my position I let a lot of things slide. I have no income and no means to do anything else. I've also said I will do things which I don't want to go back on my word on.
So yes. To be able to survive I've allowed some people to make me like their entrance mat.

ricardo12

As Stalin would say, "a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is just a statistic".. you know what to do!

Willem_Wikkelspies

Executive Member
They don’t have to. But many do.
In my position I let a lot of things slide. I have no income and no means to do anything else. I've also said I will do things which I don't want to go back on my word on.
So yes. To be able to survive I've allowed some people to make me like their entrance mat.
You've a Redmi Go if I remember correctly. Cause it's all you could afford. I've a Nokia 1. Cause it's all I could afford.

How's your Redmi Go?

upup

Executive Member
a guy I know, who got a sister, does not even want to mention her name, she took / stole the house which they both inherited. He does not even want to make contact with her.

Willem_Wikkelspies

Executive Member
a guy I know, who got a sister, does not even want to mention her name, she took / stole the house which they both inherited. He does not even want to make contact with her.
We're all faulty in one way or another. Noone is perfect.
What bothers me are people that steal or use people. I don't like that

Anyway I'm poor. So be it. Gotta roll with the punches.
If ever I am lucky enough to escape here and get back to the Western Cape I will embrace it and realise how lucky I am to not be part of the ANC votabase anymore.... not helping people that support the ANC.

They too thick to realize that the very same people they always support are the reason why they go to bed hungry.

I've gotta fix their kak they bring in here. I'm tired. They can get their ANC technicians in here rather.

ANC excellence ones. Who actually get their hands dirty. Noone to be found.

All chasing tenders. Do ****all. Get rewarded. And I sit. LOL.

****em. Hierdie wit man is nou amptelik klaar met die kak. Genoeg.

Maak julle eie kak reg.

Don't look at me.....

Also, **** the SABC.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
You've a Redmi Go if I remember correctly. Cause it's all you could afford. I've a Nokia 1. Cause it's all I could afford.

How's your Redmi Go?
No issues except slow speeds.
After the RCS integration into messenger it feels lagging and slow. RCS is disabled too.

randomcat

He's a bright kid (10 this year). Extremely bright and a top achiever.

My sister thinks that he might not realise his full potential living in that toxic environment with my brother and father. The same age as my youngest and they both are aspiring to become doctors, and that was the only reason why I entertained the thought of having him coming to live with us because then they can one day study together. His father's parents are paying for his schooling so I don't have to worry about that. However, I can't bank on that because 7 years from now my sister's in-laws might have a change of heart, in which case I'll be left with two university bills to pay. And that was one of my wife's main apprehensions. So we chatted and agreed that he cannot come live with us.

My mom, I'll support from a distance. I don't want to go to PE, I have too much stress when I go to my parental home.
I understand your decision. I do feel for the kid though. Many bright kids get ****ed up because of the situation at home. Maybe a cheap boarding school will help him.

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
I probably know you
I was at PE Technikon from 1983 onwards. If you're who I think you're are you're a an awesome person.

Those were the days of fun and studying and working. And party time.

Awesome.
That makes you much older than I am :ROFL:

I started in 1999 and finished in 2003 :ROFL:

But I do with your general sentiment. Those were the best years of my life. No responsibility or anything. Just party and then going to write exams half drunk :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.