My journey to renewable energy - Solar

Priapus

Executive Member
Busy busy day. Im sure he will update soon. But a birdie told me it was an exciting busy day.

Yep, busy busy day - and long day. The guys worked very hard. The difficulty being that my roofs pitch is around 48 degrees. o_O

Right, on to the install....

Started out this morning with getting the brackets and rails mounted to the north side of the roof DJI_0386.JPG

DJI_0381.JPG

DJI_0391.JPG

Once the first half was done, we decided to get some panels up to make sure the alignment and spacing was correct. We were concerned we would need to split the panels up, due to the wall coming from the flat portion of the roof towards the bottom edge,

DJI_0398.JPG

Thankfully, that wasn't an issue and we managed to mount all 12 panels without splitting. These panels are arranged in strings of 4.
IMG_4968.jpeg
IMG_4974.jpeg
Screenshot 2020-08-15 at 19.57.23.png

As well as the drone shots, also managed to get a pretty cool time-lapse of the whole install.

@Gielie01 was a huge help today with the install. We probably would have not finished without him or the guys would still be up there re-doing panel connections. :p

Attachments

• DJI_0387.JPG
    DJI_0387.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 63
  • DJI_0394.JPG
    DJI_0394.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4964.jpeg
    IMG_4964.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62

Priapus

Executive Member
Whilst the guys were busy with the panel install, I decided I'll go be useful and install the Pylontech US3000 into its final resting place. The plan is to add 3 more Pylontechs here over time - second one arriving month end if funds allow it.

IMG_4970.jpeg

Will be eventually building a workbench alone this wall and the network / battery cabinet will be under it as well as the server. With a sink off to the far left.

IMG_4971.jpeg

Priapus

Executive Member
Tomorrow, we are doing the cabling from panels and to / from the DB. Go live should be late tomorrow - ready for Monday morning's sun! :love:

AchmatK

Executive Member
Would be interested to know what you generate with your roof at such a steep incline.

My roof had a similar incline and know how difficult it is working up there.

Priapus

Executive Member
Would be interested to know what you generate with your roof at such a steep incline.

My roof had a similar incline and know how difficult it is working up there.

I don’t think it will be affected too much. Would have been nice to have it mid 30s. But hoping because it’s north facing and zero shade from 8am to 4pm - it should make up for the incline.

I’ll be updating the thread with all of that too.

Priapus

Executive Member
That is a great looking install @Tander ;)
Thanks for the update! :D Looking good

Thanks gents. Very excited to have go live later today!

Went out to the panels this morning and it looks like some birds disagree with their space being invaded.:laugh:
Will need to get a long broom / brush at some point to keep the panels clean.

IMG_4980.jpeg

Neuk_

Executive Member
Thanks gents. Very excited to have go live later today!

Went out to the panels this morning and it looks like some birds disagree with their space being invaded.:laugh:
Will need to get a long broom / brush at some point to keep the panels clean.

View attachment 893868

I must check mine, the neighbourhood hadeda's are bloody savage!

x7razor

thanks for sharing the pics this is what i like to see when i check threads like this :)