My mom wants an Ipad.

saffakanera

Expert Member
Hello.

My mom wants an ipad. Shes going to visit my sister in Canada in September, would it make more sense for her to buy one here, or buy one over there?

Thanks in advance.

370z

I say there. There's so many issues here with price and stock. It'll just be simpler to get it there.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Ofcourse there, a lot of people will agree. It's the same product, but its cheaper...

iDOL

Expert Member
Yeah, if there's stock and the price is definitely cheaper - grab it.

I personally received my ver 1 Ipad from the US and I have had no hassles with it that was 5 months after the initial launch.

So it's really been treating me well.

taajir

if she can get it cheaper there its fine
plus the ipads are not locked like most overseas iphones
only thing not sure bout the warranty. if anything is faulty etc. then it might be safer to get it here
hope she enjoys it

Elimentals

Honorary Master
Its Apple, they look after warranty's, even if you have to DHL it to USA for replacements.

Albereth

Honorary Master
Get it there.

One little thing - if it even matters - just check the version. We have wifi and 3G versions here but it seems that there is a CDMA (?) version as well. I'd think that you wouldn't want that.

chris2.0

And if you're lucky she might even perhaps bring you back an iPhone5 - they're rumoured to be launched around that time...

But while she's there, might as well check out the Android tabs vs Playbook vs TouchPad?

saffakanera

Expert Member
Does the normal 16 gig version have built in wifi? Does it use alot more battery when its on?

bokka1

Expert Member
I am not a huge fan of buying stuff abroad, I would rather pay a few bucks more and have the knowledge of a local warranty covering me.

I once burnt my fingers with a camcorder I bought in Malaysia.

taajir

Does the normal 16 gig version have built in wifi? Does it use alot more battery when its on?
all models have wifi
some have built in 3G
but if ur mom is at home or work most of the time n not on the move then she really wont need 3G

Nimz

Executive Member
will be cheaper so get it from there

The battery life is great 9-10 hours so no need to worry about turning the wifi off

icyrus

Executive Member
I am not a huge fan of buying stuff abroad, I would rather pay a few bucks more and have the knowledge of a local warranty covering me.

I once burnt my fingers with a camcorder I bought in Malaysia.

Apple provide world wide warranties on their mobile goods.