My MTNChoice data plan out-of-bundle rates hiked

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

Users on My MTNChoice data plans have received an SMS announcing that the rate for out-of-bundle voice calls would increase from R1.20 to R1.99 from 8 March 2018.

MyBroadband reached out to MTN about the price increase, and the company confirmed it was hiking the out-of-bundle voice rate.

Roband

Banned
Should not be an issue as you will probably WhatsApp or similar to make voice calls - at a fraction of the rate.

ebendl

Expert Member
So this is actually more messed up than I originally thought.

The email that I got said this:

As of 8 March 2019, there will be an update to the voice pricing on My MTNChoice data plans. The out-of-bundle voice rates will change from R1.20 to R1.99 per minute. In addition, the voice and SMS bundles will no longer be available on the My MTNChoice data plans.

So I took out the contract with the understanding that i can buy bundles. Now I am going to lose that ability too??

What are my options - the terms of this contract has changed substantially.

Park@82

Honorary Master
So this is actually more messed up than I originally thought.

The email that I got said this:

As of 8 March 2019, there will be an update to the voice pricing on My MTNChoice data plans. The out-of-bundle voice rates will change from R1.20 to R1.99 per minute. In addition, the voice and SMS bundles will no longer be available on the My MTNChoice data plans.

So I took out the contract with the understanding that i can buy bundles. Now I am going to lose that ability too??

What are my options - the terms of this contract has changed substantially.
I'll probably move to dual sim. They can go suck a fat one.

Suspect99

Executive Member

Users on My MTNChoice data plans have received an SMS announcing that the rate for out-of-bundle voice calls would increase from R1.20 to R1.99 from 8 March 2018.

MyBroadband reached out to MTN about the price increase, and the company confirmed it was hiking the out-of-bundle voice rate.
Smart MTN. So instead of getting revenue from voice bundles. You'll get nothing when I switch to dual sim