My phone from China is in "quarantine". Thankfully.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Damn. First it was out of stock while the Chinese were dealing with COVID. As soon as there was stock, the lockdown starts. So my phone is sitting with DHL in Dubai.

The good news is that, hopefully, and virus that was on the phone or packaging, will have died by the time I get it. What was it? Upto 17 days on that cruise ship? So the 21 day lockdown and then, conservative estimate, another two week to clear backlog when live get back to normal.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
LOL. Says Shipment not arrived but location is JHB.
Well that makes no sense at all. Really irks me when people build these IT platforms to keep customers informed and that's the kind of update they include. I'm guessing that means it's in customs?

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
I got the duty and VAT bill. Now just have to wait another few weeks for delivery. Reminds me of the "good" old post office days.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Finally arrived. It was sitting at DHL PMB since the 30 March. I eventually convinced them to let me sign a waiver and they delivered it to the city address. Our local courier picked it up for me yesterday. It is busy updating as I type.

No signs of Chinese gogas inside the box. Well none that I could see with my reading glasses on.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
How is the phone? How much did you pay for it?
Great phone. My son has had the AGM A9 for a few months now. The X3 is almost the same just better spec'ed cpu and wireless charging.

The A9 has a bigger battery and its speakers a little bit louder. That said I'm running mine on half volume for everything. The JBL speakers are very loud.

Price was around R7k to my door. R5500 for phone and R500 delivery. R1000 vat and duty.

X3 is a lot slimmer than my Doogee S50 it is replacing. But then the battery is smaller. Width and height are the same. My S50 is becoming the house spare phone. I would sell it, but it looks a bit tired.

I've been a long time user of Doogee phones, but the AGM is such a nice, although more expensive, phone. If it can take the same punishment as the Doogee over 12 to 18 months then I'll be happy.

Jake45

Expert Member
Looks like a really nice phone although even the Chinese phones are becoming expensive due to our collapsing currency!

I had been considering buying a cheap Xiaomi phone to replace my Nomu S20 which is also a rugged waterproof phone but will use it for a while longer and wait to see whether the currency improves. My Nomu has been in daily use for around 3.5 years now but the LG battery is starting to lose capacity and the micro USB port does not connect as securely as it did when it was new.