My still utterly blown. (Parys Fibre)

BlackStatic

EDIT: Missing word in title, mods don't correct it, leave it, it's perfect.

There are Vumatel micro trenches outside here in Parys, I cannot get over this. No idea when it's all going live, apparently November sometime, you know what though? I don't care, I mean, Fibre, Parys.

Some suit looked at a map of SA, actually found Parys (wtf), and said:

"Here, here we need to put in fibre here."

"Sir?"

"This little dot here, I want us to put fibre in here."

Amazing.

I want to meet the absolute madlad who wrote the business case for this town's deployment. :ROFL:

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master

There are Vumatel micro trenches outside here in Parys, I cannot get over this. No idea when it's all going live, apparently November sometime, you know what though? I don't care, I mean, Fibre, Parys.

"Sir?"

Amazing.

I want to meet the absolute madlad who wrote the business case for this town's deployment. :ROFL:
Sasolburg, Vaalpark, we're all getting fibre.

WAslayer

Executive Member

"Sir?"

Amazing.

What are the good neighbourhoods to live in there..?

Varktjop

Expert Member
Sasolburg, Vaalpark, we're all getting fibre.
I can understand Sasolburg and Vaalpark, but smaller towns like Parys and Fochville... Look, I'm really glad that we're getting fiber seeing as the ADSL/VDSL is almost nonexistent. I just can't wait for FTTH to get to my house. It can't happen fast enough!

ab-user

What are the good neighbourhoods to live in there..?

Parys? If you are hoyti-toyiti, then Vaal de Gráce (Telkom Fibre), if you do not want to mix with the common people then Parys Golf and Country Estate(No fibre whatsoever). Othwrwise, in town, (covered by Vumatel);

If you perceive yourself to be deserving of a fashionable address then Boom Street, otherwise nearly any place else in town.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I suspect they are working their way south from Jhb towards Bloem, and just adding everyone as they go along.

I did share with my friends in Perth who can only get 50mbps where they are, that people in Parys have the option of 100mbit. :D