My thought for the day

simple_simon

Expert Member
still sticking with people are responsible for their own lives, no exception. I cannot create anyone else's reality. When such a person is "helped" it is because this is what been attracted to their lives by them.

kilo39, what is your definition of help...provide a hypothetical situation.

kilo39

Executive Member
still sticking with people are responsible for their own lives, no exception. I cannot create anyone else's reality. When such a person is "helped" it is because this is what been attracted to their lives by them.

kilo39, what is your definition of help...provide a hypothetical situation.
Help is support in a business venture, or help is support to study. Or help is supporting you when you have no means of support yourself.

Or, help is giving the beggar a few rands (and that includes parking lot attendants!)

I was brought up with a simple adage: "There but for the grace of God go I."

Therefore never look down on anybody (in itself a form of support,) understand that we are all equal (some simply got better opportunities than another.) Give love and understanding instead of judgement and cynicism.

Understand that another's suffering is yours (in another time and place.)

Do unto others as you would wish them do unto you (and no you shouldn't necessarily need to be asked.)

I cannot create anyone else's reality. When such a person is "helped" it is because this is what been attracted to their lives by them.
No, you are wrong. People are not placed on this earth to be failures, nobody wants to live in the gutter, or even be a drug addict or alcoholic. They arrive at that position due to a multiplicity of reasons, all of which need your support not your judgement.

simple_simon

Expert Member
after watching "the secret" i understand what my intial thought was about, it describes the "law of attraction" which is explained in "the secret".

i realise, every instance in the last year or 4 where i have got what i wanted, i had been using the law of attraction on an unconscious level. when i sit down and think about it, its amazing.

the most recent example is that, my wife and i bought the house of our dreams, early last year.....this is the preview to it. when we first lived together we bought an old house that we renovated in a bit of a dodge part of town, wasn't much of a garden,etc. but we spent all our energy fixing it up, took about a year, then we used to sit on the lawn afterwork or on the weekend and just sitting and talk to each other about the type of house we wanted and visualise it as we spoke,we went into huge detail. all of a sudden one day my wife is driving to her mom's house and is enjoying the song on the radio so she decides to drive around the neighbourhood abit longer, there she sees this house but its everything we have been describing except that its in a run down state, but its on the market. this house is about 700m from her parents place and she had never seen it before. we then phone the estate agent who says is for sale for some obscene amount of money. i decide to phone the owner directly, he drops his price dramatically to what we can almost afford.....later that week i get a new job offer with more pay....all of a sudden our dream house can be bought. the day we sign the papers other buyers make offers we couldn't compete with....but it was too late for them. the deal hinged on us being able to sell our old house in a dodge part of town.....it sold in one day.

now thats the law of attraction

Last edited: