MyBB member stalking family members of a poster

Dave

Honorary Master
Looking at someone's open profile on FB is surely not stalking?
I was just going to say this, since when is looking at someone's FB page stalking, if he was hanging around ghoti's house and following the wife around, different thing.

Some people need to get some perspective, what you stick on a public FB page is exactly that, public. I wouldn't be having a breakdown and posting about how upset I was that someone was stalking me (or any family member) if someone saw something about me on a public FB page and then mentioned it here...

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I dont want him to be banned, Im not even going to tell my wife, the government here is rough on her (its been hard to get posted as the gov is so xenophobic, even to doctors), she doesnt need more things to worry about. I was hoping that this post would help Noah realize that what he did is offsides and he should check himself if he thinks what he did was okay. Also, if it happens again, we now have another thread to reference back on.

Nick333

Honorary Master
I dont want him to be banned, Im not even going to tell my wife, the government here is rough on her (its been hard to get posted as the gov is so xenophobic, even to doctors), she doesnt need more things to worry about. I was hoping that this post would help Noah realize that what he did is offsides and he should check himself if he thinks what he did was okay. Also, if it happens again, we now have another thread to reference back on.
It is creepy when someone brings your personal life online, but to be fair you've revealed more about your wife in this thread than the one mention by Noah.

If you don't want people checking out her FB page be more careful what you reveal and if you don't want people talking about her here, don't talk about her here.

I have no sympathy at this point.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
I agree with NiCk here.

I speak about my wife often. a lot of people have met her at Forum meets. but despite all of this finding her on facecbook will be close to impossible.

finding me wont be that hard, but you wont find her because she has her privacy set up correctly. mine isnt set up because facebook is pointless and I never use it.

not saying what Noah did was not wrong, just saying you could have prevented this easily, and fixing privacy settings is like setting up a good password.

Splinter

Honorary Master
i was just thinking the accused is suspiciously silent in all of this
He's been banned if you follow the link OP posted on first page...

Must say I don't agree if he was banned because of this issue. While not cool, and a bit creepy, if the information is given out on a public forum that enables you to see other information on another public forum, I don't see how it is a banning offence.

ichigo

Executive Member
One reason why I use a different name online than my real name so no one can ever find me.

Pitbull

Verboten
The only time my family members have ever been stalked is from some of the mybb creeps. There was a similar incident about 5 years ago. Seems like the creeps in this forum have an infatuation with my wife :/
Ok I'll be the first to ask?

She hot? Maybe worth a stalk :p

Just kidding, I recall you having an issue like this years ago. It's seriously not on. When people get so worked up behind a PC screen that they make it personal and take it out in the real world... sad and sick tbh.

Dave

Honorary Master
One reason why I use a different name online than my real name so no one can ever find me.
Why are you so worried though? Is your conduct so bad online that you're scared of someone coming around with a gang to exact retribution?

I really don't understand this idea some have that everyone on MyBB is a deranged axe murderer that will be around to kill everyone if they find out your name. I've posted plenty of stuff over the years that could easily ID me if someone wanted to, I couldn't care less as I'm more likely to have problems with someone I meet in a bar than on a forum.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Why are you so worried though? Is your conduct so bad online that you're scared of someone coming around with a gang to exact retribution?

I really don't understand this idea some have that everyone on MyBB is a deranged axe murderer that will be around to kill everyone if they find out your name. I've posted plenty of stuff over the years that could easily ID me if someone wanted to, I couldn't care less as I'm more likely to have problems with someone I meet in a bar than on a forum.
Is your name Dave?

:crylaugh: