MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

Zuner

Expert Member
Anyone know some nice riding routes i can go on.
Stay in Centurion, on a tight budget but don't feel like sitting at home all weekend. Haven't ridden the bike in a while.

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
Anyone know some nice riding routes i can go on.
Stay in Centurion, on a tight budget but don't feel like sitting at home all weekend. Haven't ridden the bike in a while.

What bike? Dual sport or the likes, hit skeerpoort or breedtsnek. Road bike, take a trip to harties come back via the satellite road. Or if you want to spend more time hit the road towards sabie and turn around when you feel healed.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
must agree
no space for my helmet in there unless i toss everything out
mine at all times has puncture repair kit, can of chain lube and 3 ratchet straps
then theres the wallet, cellphones, keys and lunch boxes

i can squeeze in a 6 pack after work and thats about it.

my wet riding gear lives in the top box

You really don’t need to carry chain lube with you.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
yes i do, i sometimes get caught out in rain like yesterday arriving at Theewaterskloof, i lube chain after every stop in rain

Will make absolutely zero difference to the total life of the chain and not worth the hassle.

Proper chain the rings should remain lubed regardless of the rain anyway.

Put 36,000km on my last chain that was never cleaned once (by myself) and got lube maybe once every 1500km if I remembered.

Much more powerful bike than the NC as well, ridden every day in every weather.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Will make absolutely zero difference to the total life of the chain and not worth the hassle.

Proper chain the rings should remain lubed regardless of the rain anyway.

Put 36,000km on my last chain that was never cleaned once (by myself) and got lube maybe once every 1500km if I remembered.

Much more powerful bike than the NC as well, ridden every day in every weather.
i do 45k on a back tyre, sprockets and chains
50k on a front tyre

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
i do 45k on a back tyre, sprockets and chains
50k on a front tyre

I sold the bike then, it probably did a whole lot more.

It’s just one of those over marketed very inconsequential things that really doesn’t need such a serious routine and definitely not to be carried around with you.

Not surprised the NC would be so light on chains and sprockets though, it’s not a sports bike.

But humour me and on the next chain change do the lube when you remember after coming home from a ride and the chain is warm. Report back when you replace it again whether it made any difference.

I bet you spend more on preserving a chain than actually buying a new one which means there is actually no return on the investment and just a waste of time.

Your chain, your bike. Just saying when you think about it and actually calculate it doesn’t amount to much.

Hopefully you are at least using wax and not actual liquid runny lube that goes all over the place.

Those must be some monstrously square tyres at they mileage though. Most I’ve done was 32k on a front tyre if I remember correctly.

Pineapple Smurf

I sold the bike then, it probably did a whole lot more.

It’s just one of those over marketed very inconsequential things that really doesn’t need such a serious routine and definitely not to be carried around with you.

Not surprised the NC would be so light on chains and sprockets though, it’s not a sports bike.

But humour me and on the next chain change do the lube when you remember after coming home from a ride and the chain is warm. Report back when you replace it again whether it made any difference.

I bet you spend more on preserving a chain than actually buying a new one which means there is actually no return on the investment and just a waste of time.

Your chain, your bike. Just saying when you think about it and actually calculate it doesn’t amount to much.

Hopefully you are at least using wax and not actual liquid runny lube that goes all over the place.

Those must be some monstrously square tyres at they mileage though. Most I’ve done was 32k on a front tyre if I remember correctly.
i dont like wax, it creates peanut butter with the dust, i prefer messy liquid lube that dirtys the bike
yes backtyre is finished down to the metal stuff coming out.
i ride like a pussy, never pull away hard
i bought the bike to commute 100km everyday
not make my penis hard

Zuner

Expert Member
What bike? Dual sport or the likes, hit skeerpoort or breedtsnek. Road bike, take a trip to harties come back via the satellite road. Or if you want to spend more time hit the road towards sabie and turn around when you feel healed.
Road, Kawa Er6-f.
Looks like a nice trip. Was raining all day yesterday. Will see today.
I see engen Umfula is in harties, free ebucks wimpy meal, perfect.
Thanks.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
i dont like wax, it creates peanut butter with the dust, i prefer messy liquid lube that dirtys the bike
yes backtyre is finished down to the metal stuff coming out.
i ride like a pussy, never pull away hard
i bought the bike to commute 100km everyday
not make my penis hard

Wax must just go on when the chain is hot then it doesn’t leave anything behind assuming you ride again the next morning.

With liquid lube I’ve seen it always spray up the arse of the bike regardless how long you wait.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Road, Kawa Er6-f.
Looks like a nice trip. Was raining all day yesterday. Will see today.
I see engen Umfula is in harties, free ebucks wimpy meal, perfect.
Thanks.

Now you’ve given me ideas for the breakfast run notion.

Motivation to get out and use those FNB Wimpy vouchers.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Let's organise for February then?

I am likely to be out of town from around the 14th to the 24th. Driving the bike, as it happens, to PE. Although this time around I shall A) pack the night before and leave early, and B) do it over two days. I absolutely do not want to experience the pain 800kms in one day inflicted on my damned legs again!

(i.e. March probably works for me as well)

Zuner

Expert Member
Now you’ve given me ideas for the breakfast run notion.

Motivation to get out and use those FNB Wimpy vouchers.
As I don't get to ride during the week, and recently not much on weekends even, I do a local ride to a Kauai and use vouchers.

Once a quarter, I'll do a longer trip and use the wimpy voucher. Whilst filling up at engen and getting 1/4 tank free too.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Helmet space lol.
No dude.
That will be full of:
1) Wet weather gear
2) puncture kit
3) various other bits and pieces that are useful to have around
4) shopping

I'd hope to have a top-box, and panniers as well; the more storage, the better. Either way, it's an attractive option for me, personally, for whatever reason, even, as you say, if it does not end up actually housing a helmet.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
As I don't get to ride during the week, and recently not much on weekends even, I do a local ride to a Kauai and use vouchers.

Once a quarter, I'll do a longer trip and use the wimpy voucher. Whilst filling up at engen and getting 1/4 tank free too.

1/4 tank free? Using your ebucks to pay for fuel?

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Does anyone know where one might be able to get parts for a Honda 250CC 2-stroke from an NS?

Pineapple Smurf

Wax must just go on when the chain is hot then it doesn’t leave anything behind assuming you ride again the next morning.

With liquid lube I’ve seen it always spray up the arse of the bike regardless how long you wait.
yes i always lube straight after ride when chain is hot
in my experience the wax is kak coz it sticks and makes peanut butter with the dust (my riding conditions)
i prefer a messy oil based lube and do not give 2 f's if it makes a mess everywhere
im not here to impress anyone with a clean bike or how loud my bike is or my zero to 100km/h, i pull away same speed as cars from traffic lights and take 15 seconds to get to 100km/h
i am a 365 days a year commuter averaging 35km/l fuel and that is all that matters :thumbsup:

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Motorcyclist stopped to assist a doggo on the side of the road (N14 towards Pta).

Motorcyclist got hit by a vehicle and passed away. RIP dude.
My opinion is Darwin award. What's more important, a stray dog or your life...