MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

Zuner

Expert Member
Have you guys been stopped for swaying within your lane?
What's the legality of it? About the width of a car within my lane. Low speed, 60-80km/h.
I was stopped yesterday, cop was cool though just checked license, didn't really have anything to say about it, though his reason for choosing me to pull off was the swaying.

Last edited:

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Cops can pull you over even if you drive like Mother Theresa.

Of all the times I have been pulled over on the bike, cops have always been very relaxed and chilled. Just don't grief them and be courteous, even if you don't have a completely visible numberplate ;)

crysis

Expert Member
What's the legality of it? About the width of a car within my lane. Low speed, 60-80km/h.
I was stopped yesterday, cop was cool though just checked license, didn't really have anything to say about it.
Just say you picked up some oil the road and you were scurbbing off your tyres. Can't see how its illegal, but from the cops perspective he might think you're drunk.

Blu82

Expert Member
Cops can pull you over even if you drive like Mother Theresa.

Of all the times I have been pulled over on the bike, cops have always been very relaxed and chilled. Just don't grief them and be courteous, even if you don't have a completely visible numberplate ;)
I have a family member that pulled over a rider for a stop street violation and was given grief. The riders fines went from R500 to R5000 due to a decision to careful inspect the motor cycle and its modifications. The option was also on the table to impound it for not being road legal.

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
I was stopped yesterday, cop was cool though just checked license, didn't really have anything to say about it, though his reason for choosing me to pull off was the swaying.

Refer to it as the SMIDSY weave - or, sorry mate, I didn't see you. A technique for catching motorists eyes and make them aware of your presence.

Also, we ride bikes cause we enjoy it, and when we get happy we wag our tails like that.. :)

Urist

Expert Member
Any of you member of a club? what's your opinion about clubs?

Habakuk

Used to be. Most are just social get togethers. Then you get the few that are out to prove a point. Not mentioning names here. But even with them it is mostly the newer younger members and especially the prospects who are a pain in the ass. Older members mostly laid back.

FNfal

Executive Member

Yes , not going to mention the name of the club , we are a laid back club very social once a month meeting , once a month ride ,
We are a structured club with our own club house , open every Wednesday .
We have the usual president , vise president ,treasurer , secretary , sergeant at arms and road captains .
We do not give out patches for nothing , patches have to be earned and the prospect has to show commitment to be patched it takes more than a year to be patched .
Our club is like a family .

Last edited:

Urist

Expert Member
Yes , not going to mention the name of the club , we are a laid back club very social once a month meeting , once a month ride ,
We are a structured club with our own club house , open every Wednesday .
We have the usual president , vise president ,treasurer , secretary , sergeant at arms and road captains .
We do not give out patches for nothing , patches have to be earned and the prospect has to show commitment to be patched it takes more than a year to be patched .
Our club is like a family .

Asking because I requested to be a hang around at a local club...
At first sight they look like sons of anarchy, but they're really a friendly and helpful bunch.
Think it might be a great way for a noob to learn the intricacies while being part of something.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Refer to it as the SMIDSY weave - or, sorry mate, I didn't see you. A technique for catching motorists eyes and make them aware of your presence.

Also, we ride bikes cause we enjoy it, and when we get happy we wag our tails like that.. :)

Was about to say I would just tell them it’s to make me more visible.

I tend to waggle just before I overtake at higher speeds.

Tickled_Tortise

Road, Kawa Er6-f.
Looks like a nice trip. Was raining all day yesterday. Will see today.
I see engen Umfula is in harties, free ebucks wimpy meal, perfect.
Thanks.
PM me if you looking for company on your next ride out, my regular riding partner is out for a few weeks after an operation. I'm in Midrand and keen for a new route to try.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
So my jacket got stolen last month, borrowing a friend's, but after pay day, I want to get another one.

Does anybody know where I can find Schott style jackets with armour in Cape Town? (CBD and northan suburbs preferably) I looked at Wicked Bikes, but I don't like that style with the cracked grain or whatever it is, I want smooth leather,
Going to check out Frans and Motorcycle world on Saturday hopefully.

FNfal

Executive Member
Asking because I requested to be a hang around at a local club...
At first sight they look like sons of anarchy, but they're really a friendly and helpful bunch.
Think it might be a great way for a noob to learn the intricacies while being part of something.
You will learn a lot hanging around a bike club , the longer you hang around the friendlier and more accepting the guys in the club will be , it also gives you time to see if you fit in to that club . Some clubs are very strict and are run with proper military discipline , some clubs are laid back .
Many different styles , one club i know wake early in the morning and travel very very fast each club is different.

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So my jacket got stolen last month, borrowing a friend's, but after pay day, I want to get another one.

Does anybody know where I can find Schott style jackets with armour in Cape Town? (CBD and northan suburbs preferably) I looked at Wicked Bikes, but I don't like that style with the cracked grain or whatever it is, I want smooth leather,
Going to check out Frans and Motorcycle world on Saturday hopefully.

View attachment 773866

Leather Forever.

Failing that, Harley Willowbridge.

But I seem to recall you bought something sporty recently? Want to say GSR600? So why would you want something like this that isn’t conducive to riding?

It has no venting for summer. It has nothing for winter. It doesn’t really do riding very well in general.

Why not get a textile option? Or a proper leather bike jacket from RST or the like?