MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Leather Forever.

Failing that, Harley Willowbridge.

But I seem to recall you bought something sporty recently? Want to say GSR600? So why would you want something like this that isn’t conducive to riding?

It has no venting for summer. It has nothing for winter. It doesn’t really do riding very well in general.

Why not get a textile option? Or a proper leather bike jacket from RST or the like?
Awesome thank you for the leads,

Na YZF600R, I found the Schott jacket realy comfortble in all weather hey, the way the sleaves and neck opened up enabled me to control how much wind was coming through.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Awesome thank you for the leads,

Na YZF600R, I found the Schott jacket realy comfortble in all weather hey, the way the sleaves and neck opened up enabled me to control how much wind was coming through.

I’m guessing you haven’t ridden with much else and would therefore find it adequate.

There are much better options with the best ultimately being a proper summer and separate winter jacket.

The ones that claim to do it all never really work as they aren’t really made for our climate and so their summer is much cooler.

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Any ideas for dealers that stock Scorpion Jackets? Want to take a look at the stealth pack jacket.

I usually shop from Kings in Lynnwood road but they only keep Scorpion helmets. I see mxalliance has on its website but prefer a physical shop where I can walk in etc

Gauteng area please

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
I’m guessing you haven’t ridden with much else and would therefore find it adequate.

There are much better options with the best ultimately being a proper summer and separate winter jacket.

The ones that claim to do it all never really work as they aren’t really made for our climate and so their summer is much cooler.
You are correct, I'll have a look at separate jackets once I have more cash.

Went ahead and ordered from Leather Forever though, thank you for the recommendation, really great people.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
You are correct, I'll have a look at separate jackets once I have more cash.

Went ahead and ordered from Leather Forever though, thank you for the recommendation, really great people.

Lekker.

They’ve done a lot of little repairs for me over the years and made my stuff last so much longer than it should have.

Onizuka0701

Think I am done with bikes for a while :(
55d695b37bb82a4f0cf0dff92a261f2b.jpg

eg2505

Honorary Master
eish, @Onizuka0701 looks painful, what happened?

one of the reasons I will stay very far from bikes as tempting as they are.

Onizuka0701

Accident in November on R21, clipped corner of a bus and ended up hitting the center barrier.

That's what it looks like now, allot better than at the start at least

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Triumph tiger 800, still runs, mostly superficial damage, though will probably be written off, original parts are ridiculously expensive.

Put 100k on the old girl

Yeah they really do take the piss on replacement parts.

Good luck with healing up. You’ll likely end up back on a bike regardless of this mishap.

Tickled_Tortise

Accident in November on R21, clipped corner of a bus and ended up hitting the center barrier.

That's what it looks like now, allot better than at the start at least
It looks like it happened yesterday, well I guess bones take time to heal, I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks for the reality check, I'll be taking an extra cautious and patient ride home today.

Onizuka0701

It looks like it happened yesterday, well I guess bones take time to heal, I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks for the reality check, I'll be taking an extra cautious and patient ride home today.
Open fracture, flap and skin grafts, but should be good in another two to three months.

Suppose you get a bit cocky after a few years of riding every day without incident. Luckily my reality check hasn't cost me my leg as of yet, and no other injuries

crysis

Expert Member
Suppose you get a bit cocky after a few years of riding every day without incident. Luckily my reality check hasn't cost me my leg as of yet, and no other injuries

This is what I'm scared of. Complacency sets in and mistakes happen. The consequences aren't pretty.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Sheesh that looks eina.

Strongs with the healing process - I must admit I also become quite complacent when driving through traffic. Never lose focus and don't ever think you are safe from the cagers for one second.

Good luck and heal up fast!

Pox

Expert Member
And I want a Ducati Street fighter V4S
*Checks lotto results*

#@$@_@

Not yet.