MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Put your bike on its side stand with the bars to the left and try pushing forwards. The stand stops it from moving. You won't get anywhere.

Now try with the bars to the right and push forwards again. The stand starts folding back as the bike moves forwards, eventually dumping the bike if you weren't there to hold it.
BMW instructors taught me this exact thing at rider training.
If you prefer climbing on with the handlebars to the right, then just turn them before you mount.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
So a little rant here.
Randburg motorcycles... Serviced my NC700.
They changed front brake pads, rear brake pads and handbrake pads.
They also replaced the hazard flasher relay (I asked them to, as it was fcked).

They were unable to produce the old pads for inspection (I don't use the handbrake and hardly use the rear brake, so it's unlikely they were worn, and the front pads I replaced a year or so ago).
The fong kong cheap **** relay they put in lasted all of a week before it packed up. I have now replaced it with an OEM one.

So beware. Very unhappy customer here.

acidman1

hey chaps and dames

anyone used these guys for gear? I see they have a shop in Paarden island

feedback appreciated
Good service. I like to support shops that make an effort and they seem to do that. Doesn't hurt that Tracmac is just down the road for the "I saw it cheaper at X" price negotiation. Good range and good pricing.

Joeboy69

Expert Member
hey chaps and dames

anyone used these guys for gear? I see they have a shop in Paarden island

feedback appreciated
I’ve shopped from them in Pretoria and have no complaints

Stuey74

So a little rant here.

They were unable to produce the old pads for inspection (I don't use the handbrake and hardly use the rear brake, so it's unlikely they were worn, and the front pads I replaced a year or so ago).
The fong kong cheap **** relay they put in lasted all of a week before it packed up. I have now replaced it with an OEM one.

I had an accident damaged bike repaired by them some years ago, they did an awesome, think the old dude's name was Danie. When I wanted to upgrade my commuter I found a bike there I liked. They messed me around for a while on the purchase/transfer, then a month later the bike developed a couple of really bad oil and coolant leaks, as well as a speedo issue. Took it back, took them a while to fix and wouldnt say what was wrong and what they did, besides put in a new speedo with double the km's on (which lasted 10km and died again). 8 months later, enigne seized, with all levels and pumps intact and absolutely no warning. Will never go there again. Bought my next 2 bikes elsewhere.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So a little rant here.

Handbrake?

More confusingly, handbrake pads?

Wat?

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Good service. I like to support shops that make an effort and they seem to do that. Doesn't hurt that Tracmac is just down the road for the "I saw it cheaper at X" price negotiation. Good range and good pricing.
I’ve shopped from them in Pretoria and have no complaints
Thanks Gents, Theres a tracmac around the corner in Bellville so gonna check them out

Also found this - These specials look really good but i dont know how good NEXX helmets are. Maybe someone here can advise please :)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Honda DCT has a handbrake, since you can't park the bike in gear.
Where does that sit?

Automatic as part of the P function?

I don’t recall a button for it for anything. I just assumed Park was a gear lock of some sort.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Where does that sit?

Automatic as part of the P function?

I don’t recall a button for it for anything. I just assumed Park was a gear lock of some sort.
There's a handle on the left handlebar.
1583922526747.png

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Oh I remember now I test rode the manual of the NC, but the DCT on the VFR.

Don’t recall the handle though.

crysis

Expert Member
Thanks Gents, Theres a tracmac around the corner in Bellville so gonna check them out

Also found this - These specials look really good but i dont know how good NEXX helmets are. Maybe someone here can advise please :)

They look fairly decent. Where are they located? I would never buy a helmet without trying it on first.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
They look fairly decent. Where are they located? I would never buy a helmet without trying it on first.

I emailed them to ask if they have a store in CT, or where their distributors may be... but... chilli no come

[XC] Oj101

Dealer
BMW instructors taught me this exact thing at rider training.
If you prefer climbing on with the handlebars to the right, then just turn them before you mount.
I'd have thought this is common knowledge - surprisingly, not many people know it.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Wtf lol he says he loves her and all but she's in a t-shirt while he fcks around with a ring at high speed?

martin

Expert Member
Wtf lol he says he loves her and all but she's in a t-shirt while he fcks around with a ring at high speed?
Seriously, dude, you need to calm down here. Everyone shows their love in a way that's unique to them and we don't automatically have to criticize something just because we don't particularly agree with it.

Also, there's nothing more romantic than the dim lighting, the feeding tube in your nose and the gentle buzz and flicker of the life-support systems in an ICU ward. Don't even get me started on the added bonus of that subtle stimulation you receive in your special place from the catheter as the bag fills up and pushes urine back into your bladder. Who says you can't be romantic on a highway?

Last edited:

Urist

Expert Member
Got me a lovely cruiser.... shadow vt1100 for a 2nd/hobby/weekend riding bike.
What helmet would be recommended? Was thinking a stahlhelm? Any good manufacturers?