MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread (2nd gear)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Wtf lol he says he loves her and all but she's in a t-shirt while he fcks around with a ring at high speed?

Hey it could be by her own choice.

But I also roll my eyes at the double standard I see so often for the pillion.

Different story if you are taking someone around the block once in a blue moon who you don’t have gear for (I always have had though, rather too loose or tight than none at all) but not someone who seemingly does this quite often.

I’m just amazed that as Americans they have helmets at all.

KingMikel

hey chaps and dames

anyone used these guys for gear? I see they have a shop in Paarden island

feedback appreciated
They seem like a decent bunch of guys. Their pricing is also good. No reason to stay away.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
biker.jpg

Anybody planning on doing some long distance grocery shopping?

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Anybody ever got their bike wrapped? How much did it cost?

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Anybody ever got their bike wrapped? How much did it cost?
My parents did recently. I suppose it's one of those, depends on which company you go to. Just make sure you are happy with their work. The people they used sold the company (my parents were probably some of, if not, the last clients there) and as such it was a bit of a rush job. They had to send the one fuel tank back to be redone and even then it wasn't perfect. I wouldn't have been happy if it was my bike. So make very sure you are shown examples of the work they will be doing- preferably in the flesh, so to speak, as photo's don't always show you every thing from every angle.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
My parents did recently. I suppose it's one of those, depends on which company you go to. Just make sure you are happy with their work. The people they used sold the company (my parents were probably some of, if not, the last clients there) and as such it was a bit of a rush job. They had to send the one fuel tank back to be redone and even then it wasn't perfect. I wouldn't have been happy if it was my bike. So make very sure you are shown examples of the work they will be doing- preferably in the flesh, so to speak, as photo's don't always show you every thing from every angle.

Add to this, the angles and shapes of your specific bike can also make or a break a wrap. So go looking on the web for examples of your bike as well.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
View attachment 807863

Anybody planning on doing some long distance grocery shopping?

Haven't done long distance, but have needed to go to pharmacy and pick and pay, mostly, the police couldn't care less if you're on a bike. The only other cars I spotted we're pulled over and being questioned - it looked like. I passed like 3 other police cars and not even a second glance on the bike. Plus, if you're lazy like me, this whole corona thing gives you an excuse to keep your helmet on for short shopping trips. :)

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Haven't done long distance, but have needed to go to pharmacy and pick and pay, mostly, the police couldn't care less if you're on a bike. The only other cars I spotted we're pulled over and being questioned - it looked like. I passed like 3 other police cars and not even a second glance on the bike. Plus, if you're lazy like me, this whole corona thing gives you an excuse to keep your helmet on for short shopping trips. :)
Ah not to worried about the police, was great to be back in the saddle again today though, roads are nice and clear as well, managed to do a few little sprints.

Willy Strong

Expert Member
I started up my motorcycle on Sunday to check if it will start fine and it did.

Are you guys checking regularly? During the lockdown and maybe longer, what are you doing regarding your motorcycle?

I'm going to check my manual now, I remember my previous motorcycle had a "long storage" chapter I never read.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Nothing. I've not been a very good motorcyclist in a long time (read: haven't ridden in a long time). I occasionally start my bike, but for the most part the battery is permanently on a trickle charger/optimiser. I actually need new tyres, which is one of the reasons why I'm not riding currently (apart from lockdown, that is).

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
I started up my motorcycle on Sunday to check if it will start fine and it did.

Are you guys checking regularly? During the lockdown and maybe longer, what are you doing regarding your motorcycle?

I'm going to check my manual now, I remember my previous motorcycle had a "long storage" chapter I never read.

Using it when I need to go get stuff from the shops. Police are more lenient..

Stuey74

Used one of mine Sunday to go to the shop, up to 2nd gear so not a real ride but nice to get on it. Has 3 boxes so not panic buying transport but enough bread and milk and other small items for the week. Sold my R1 to a friend 2 weeks ago and he is so frustrated at not being able to take it out for a good run.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Hmm with this lockdown I should probably run the bike sometime to keep the battery happy.

Then again it survived four weeks before while I was overseas.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Hmm with this lockdown I should probably run the bike sometime to keep the battery happy.

Then again it survived four weeks before while I was overseas.
I put mine on a ctek the other day. Haven't used it since 14 March.